F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... and I would like to change that.
Anybody to help me ?? :)
I will post my stats, and if you can help me to understand what is wrong with my game, that would be great.

As for background, I started playing in August, until October, loosing my 50$ starting BR.
I decided to start again in January, I started reading 2 books, Gettin started in Hold hem by Ed. Miller, and the little green book by P. Gordon.
I started with a 50$ Br, and now, i am T 18$...
I would like to become a winning player... or at least not a loosing one...

BBwonforhand.png

There is some stats :
general.png

BBwonforhand.png

moneywon.png

Thank you for you help.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your stats (VP$IP/PFR/AF) and what percentage of SD are you seeing.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you've come to the right place. If you're willing to work hard there are countless people here willing to help you out in your goal. As mentioned above, these stats would help, but from when you're winning and losing I'd guess you're seeing way too many flops and showdowns. I'll wait for the stats to explain further but basically with the general poker population playing way too loose and seeing showdown with way too many hands a lot of your profit should come at showdown.

Also though, 2k hands is not nearly enough to have a significant sample, but then again when you're losing at that rate you can probably identify some significant holes with this data. I'd post the stats here so others can look at them (VP$IP, PFR%, and showdown stats) and read the strategy articles here as well as the hand analysis forum. If you really are dedicated to becoming a winning player, it is possible, but you're going to have to work at it. If you're willing to, along with CC, you'll be able to become successful. Good luck.

W

WormyAces

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be a loser

but then switched to limit and have had no problem producing sustainable and reliable wins month to month. Well, truth be told, there is one little problem. My method is mind-numbingly boring so I have to limit my play to evenings on my laptop while watching TV or a movie. As long as I have something else to do, it works. Anyway, I'm apparently not good enough to consistently win at NL. I do okay in SNGs which I play for variety but my bread and butter is limit, the best for me being $2-$4 or $3-$6. Good luck with the NL, especially at those lower limits.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"loosing," while mis-spelled, is ironically correct. You're playing much too loosely. Your VPIP is over 30% which is simply too many hands played. Fold much more often preflop.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will get no instant results here, but you will, if you apply them, get great advice which can and will change your game. It will take time. But patience is one of the lessons you must learn to succeed at poker.

You should probably demonstrate that you can play a tight game. And for at least a week I suggest you play a ROCK game. You may still lose, but it is a game changing exercise to exorcise your poker demons.

Others will approach it differently, but I will come along with exercises you can do for a few days, or longer, which can change your game. You have leaks, and until we know more we can't address much. You've shared some stats, but at best those only show you aren't doing well. You might start by posting what hands you are willing to bring into play, and how you perceive position, and how it might affect what hands you are willing to bring into play.

DO NOT FEEL ODD ABOUT DOING THIS LEARNING VIA PLAYCHIPS! Especially the exercises. You can play some good playchip poker. Many will argue that point, and I no longer will argue that point, but I can't for the love of me determine a great reason to put cold hard cash on the line while learning to plug holes.

You should also show up here often, else we will likely get bored and forget who you are........;)

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
general.png

position.png

you have all my stats on this two snapshot :
V%IP : 37
PFR : 15%
AF : 1.90

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok I will try the rock game for a week.. and see how it goes :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just missed your stats the 1st read through I guess. Are you now playing mostly 6-max or full-ring? I would definitely recommend full-ring until you turn things around (but that's where I am comfortable so take it with a grain of salt), because your problems are compounded at a short table.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure you can do better than this although 3 sessions of "loosing poker" is nothing to get worried about. It doesn't qualify you as a "losing player" imo. Maybe you're too loose, tilting or it's just bad luck over a short time frame. Don't be afraid to post your Hand Histories.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok at 1st glance your playing a mix of 6 max and FR. They do require quite different playing styles and it can be quite difficult to adapt. Try to stick to one or the other until you become comfortable.

In either case your Vpip is way too loose. Your playing too many hands.at the level your playing you really need to tighten up and when you enter a pot you need to be open raising nearly all the time. Don't complete from the sb too often, play this tight as well.

So for Vpip you need to be looking at something like 15-20 for 6 max, 12-15 for FR ( the fr guys may be correct me on this ). Your PF needs to be around 4-5% lower than your Vpip. Also you AF (Total agg factor) needs to be something like 2-3 . So from the stats your playing at the moment you see that you need to tighten up a hell of a lot. Fold the junk hands, stop cold calling, and open raise when you enter a pot, especially from late position. You need to have 'att to steal blinds' in the region of 25%+ preferably 30% at 6max.

Just some numbers to keep ya going.

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all :)

since last week, i m sticking with the full ring table.
I will use this card selection Online Poker Guide > Texas Holdem Starting Hands to see how it goes.

I like do not like too much playing passive (like a rock) seems I think I miss a lot of opportunities to make money, and I give free card to my opposent.

But I will definitely try to tighten my game

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't confuse loose with aggressive or tight with passive. You can be very tight and very aggressive. Your stats actually show you as being loose-passive, a bad combination as you now know. Follow Jags advice and you'll quickly see the difference. Start a new PT db for your next 1000 hands with your new style or at least filter out your old stats when evaluating your new style.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all :)

since last week, i m sticking with the full ring table.
I will use this card selection Online Poker Guide > Texas Holdem Starting Hands to see how it goes.

I like do not like too much playing passive (like a rock) seems I think I miss a lot of opportunities to make money, and I give free card to my opposent.

Don't mistake tight for passive. You still want to be aggressive, just tighten up PF. Post some hands in the hand analysis section.

edit: now i see hillbilly beat me to the punch, should probably read all the replies first. :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the levels that you're playing, I don't know that you have to tighten up too much, but I think you're also raising too often for my taste for that kind of level. People at these levels will not be chased off their A2 by raises. Or 93 sooted, for that matter.

Keep in mind position, play good hands only, but to play aggressively when you have a hand, but judicious when continuation betting/raising preflop to chase players.

Wait for good hands and they'll be more than willing to pay you off.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the levels that you're playing, I don't know that you have to tighten up too much, but I think you're also raising too often for my taste for that kind of level. People at these levels will not be chased off their A2 by raises. Or 93 sooted, for that matter.

Keep in mind position, play good hands only, but to play aggressively when you have a hand, but judicious when continuation betting/raising preflop to chase players.

Wait for good hands and they'll be more than willing to pay you off.
I would also like to add, do not play cash games as you would tournament games, button steals and blind defenses don't work as well in a cash game as they would in a tourney.
If you know how to play a tourney then you also know you should play a ring game like you would play the first hour of a tourney....TAG.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When you overbet so you do not miss those perceived 'opportunities', you are also 'giving out' opportunities to be beat. There are a lot of rag hands folded that 'would have been' winners, but the percentage is not high enough to play them consistently.

As much as you may be making the villain 'pay' to see cards, you are also paying well to see yours. Maybe too well.

Good luck tightening up, it should help a lot.

poker don222

poker don222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HEY COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH UR POKER TRACKER IS WORTH AND WHERE U GOT IT FROM ? AS IM ON THE MARKET LOOKING FOR ONE TO GIVE GIVE ME LIVE IN GAME STATISTICS THANKS

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play full ring games... tighten up a lot.. see fewer flops be aggressive on the ones you do see.. dont be results oriented.. 2k hands very small sample... take notes on the players at your table... grind grind grind.

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it s what i am doing right now... I played 500 hand this way. I will post my new result when I hit 1k hand.

i know 1k is not a lot, but it should be enough to see how I am and compare with "before"

So I m trying to play tighter, and agressive... we shall see :)

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you just popping into the first available table?

Table selection is a huge, often overlooked factor. You want to find tables with the highest percentage of people seeing the flop and the highest amount of $ in the hand. I can't over emphasize how important this is.

Arrange games by pot size. Scroll down to your level. Then pick the games where the most people are seeing a flop. 60% seeing the flop at a 6-max table is juicy, so put yourself on the waiting list. Put yourself on several waiting lists so you can take the first juicy game that opens. And if you don't like the game you when another one opens you can always go there and abandon the current game.

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m now playing FR only.
and Yes, I always try to pick the table with the highest % of people seeing the flop.

I do not choose the table with the highest average pot and the highest %, because the table seems crazy to me, with couple of people at 11 $, the rest of the table at 2-3, and people going all in all over the place...
I do not feel confident playing in this environment..

But I will choose the table with the highest %, and a "normal" average pot.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have little disadvantage to going in with $3 when they have $11. You can only lose $3, which is the same amount you can lose to someone with $3. Their extra $8 is only significant in that they don't have to add more chips if they lose an all-in to a shorter stack.

And you have an advantage where if you have $2 of your $3 already in, the bigger stacks will call you with a lot less because they know that you can only put them in for $1 more.

So basically, you sit back, wait for big hands, then play them hard. But you can't do this at a table where people will put in a limp but are not willing to commit more of their chips on drawing hands.

You should want a table where people are willing to put $ in the pot. Just make sure you have a better hand more often than not.

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Following up

2 month have pass, and 3k hands later....

I want to post my stats again, and have an another round of comment about my play.

general_may08.png

positions_may08.png

graphs_may08.png

I had a good series in April...
So.. from what I see.. maybe i should play a little bit tighter...

also, looking at those stats, it seems I loose a "lot" on the button by doing cold call pre flop...
I loose there a lot of small amount, but I also have there some good winnings...
Any Advice about the ccpf ?

What else :)
My goal is to improve my game and be a winning player
(at least not a loosing one :))