How to play this two pair?

J

JaqkAttaqk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I accidentally sat down at a table that was beyond my ability. The interface was set to show stack in BB so I didn't notice and ended up losing more than anticipated (at some point during the session). That said, I'm curious how others would play this kind of hand.

The thought on calling from the BB was that the raise was small and the SB called ahead of me.

Would love thoughts on this.

Thanks!

NL Holdem 0.5(BB)
CO (103.1) [VPIP: 33.3% | PFR: 16.7% | AGG: 40% | hands: 7]
BTN (204.7) [VPIP: 22.2% | PFR: 22.2% | AGG: 0% | Hands: 9]
SB (151.7) [VPIP: 23.5% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 25% | Flop Agg: 0% | Turn Agg: 0% | River Agg: 100% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 25% | Hands: 24]
HERO (95.5)
HJ (104.5) [VPIP: 44.4% | PFR: 44.4% | AGG: 25% | Flop Agg: 50% | Turn Agg: 0% | River Agg: 0% | 3-Bet: 50% | 4-Bet: 0% | Hands: 9]

Dealt to Hero: 6 7

HJ Raises To 2.2 BBs, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls 1.7, HERO Calls 1.2

Hero SPR on Flop: [13.88 effective]
Flop (6.7): 3 7 6
SB Checks, HERO Checks, HJ Bets 4.8 (Rem. Stack: 97.5), SB Calls 4.8 (Rem. Stack: 144.7), HERO Raises To 14.3 BBs (Rem. Stack: 79.0), HJ Folds, SB Calls 9.5 (Rem. Stack: 135.2)

Turn (40.0): 3 7 6 K
SB Checks, HERO Bets 25.2 (Rem. Stack: 53.8), SB Calls 25.2 (Rem. Stack: 110)

River (90.5): 3 7 6 K 9
SB Bets 64.1 (Rem. Stack: 45.9), HERO Calls 53.8 (allin)

SB shows: J K

SB wins: 192

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard call in preflop. Sqz makes sense when the SB has a very tight range. But at this depth of stack I agree to call the opening HJ preflop and defend the big blind.
Villain bets a significant size on the flop. I like the x / r line but I would go up a size larger to polarize the continuation ranges a bit in the hand. Between 19 and 23 bb would be a more appropriate size to collect value from the overpairs that the V could have in its range.
In addition, we do not block diamond flush draws, so it is unlikely that we will get additional value when they fail on the next few streets. So this is the time to represent more strength in our range.
When SB calls we are in a blind duel and the dynamics of the hand change, because now the ranges are wider without the HJ.
The turn comes with a Kh and has a commensurate impact on the blind ranges. When you bet more than half a pot, we don't expect to get paid a lot of strong values ​​here. We're actually blocking 2-pair combos (Kxs), which villain could use as bluffs catcher on the river.
Also, our range is outmatched by better draws, which probably don't have enough fold equity when playing from the blinds. For all that I prefer the check / check line on the turn.
On the river the third diamond on the table is completed and Villain decides to lead, pushing his stack with just over half a pot. As played the villain directly blocks all of our bluffs. Now we should fold our failed draws and dominated value hands. 6-7 becomes marginal here, because an aggressive villain could play that way with a hand like K9o that we don't block.
Greetings.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the stakes of this game will make a difference for the river decision. The lower the stakes this is the more it points to a fold, the higher the stakes this is the more it points to a potential call. Im not saying low stakes means fold this or high stakes means call this but just adding that I think stakes matter here and would play a role in my decision if I was playing this hand.

I agree with Gustav that the flop raise should be larger but I dont think your sizing is a big mistake if it is even a mistake at all. The turn I like betting there as this is a hand depending on the river and depending on how villain reacts to our turn bet that we can get in on the river. I am not sure how many hands call with worse on the river if it was another suit but with 53 BBs left and a 90 BB pot I would be betting there to see if I can get a crying call and maybe our bet would look like a missed draw but the diamond came in so its moot for this hand. Getting back to the turn though I think I would have bet slightly less but not a whole lot less, more towards half pot.

On the river my plan would have been going into it that I would probably be jamming any black card and any heart. The way the hand has played I dont think villain has a set or 45 or even a larger two pair through the turn because they never raised us. A flopped set might only call our raise on the flop but isnt just going to call behind with double flush draw out there, same goes for 45 and larger two pairs. When villain jams the river this is either flush or bluff and then this is when stakes come into play. Rare imo for a bluff to be done here in micros on the river and the bet says flush. In going through the hand 89 really was on my mind as well (which would be a river bluff of course) because for the villain to play the hand the way they did they almost had to have a draw on the flop. Otherwise they wouldnt call two streets or with a stronger hand would have raised by now. Our hand looks like a set if I was playing against it and villain jams. Smart villains could bluff a flush here but hoping to get a set to fold in certain stakes is a tough task. In the end we are getting 3 to 1 on a call but I dont think villain is bluffing 25% of the time here so I would fold but its not the easiest fold and you will get bluffed here once in a while.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that once the 3rd diamond hit the river it should've been a tank fold, although it's not like I would've been willing to either, but why would he have called the flop and the turn if he didn't have any draws, especially since there were no high cards on the board to connect his range. The only thing your 2p beat was a bluff shove from AK or pocket aces with the ace of diamonds. Everything else was beating you, the straight got there, the flush got there, pocket 3s, 6s,7s, kings, and 9s, all made sets (allthough 6s and 7s are unlikely). every combo of kx suited, k9s are beating you. Honestly should've folded.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two pair

I usually pass with 2 pairs and depending on my place at the table I raise or I go with all in :D

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
villain is saying he has flush, and you don't block flush+villain's usually underbluff these spots, so fold.