how to get more action after flopping a monster?

J

Jacare

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry i dont have the hand history text right from the program so the explanation of the hand is more organized

also this hand was played a couple of days ago but the cards are accurate but i dont remember all the bets exactly. if it so happens that the amounts will contribute so much to the responses to the thread i will go searching for the amounts

Ring game- .05/.10 Blinds

4 Players

My hole cards: AsQd

raise preflop

all 3 call

Other 3 cards are unknown as they all ended up folding...

Flop comes Ah, 2c, Ac

i check hoping to get some people drawing for a flush to lead out, nothing.

turn comes Ad

i then lead out with a bet and all fold.

should i have just waited till the river to bet out? hopefully let someone maybe pair up and hit a full house?

thanks for the input.

like i said i played this hand a couple of days ago and if needed ill go through the hand history to get accurate bets, position, etc...

thanks for the input!!

Jacare

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I would check to the river and make a bet about half the pot. Sometimes you can't make much money with a monster hand.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three aces out cripples the board so you probably aren't going to get action. Check down to the river maybe someone will lead at it if they pair for a fullhouse or you catch a bluffer.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all of the above, nothing more to add.

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also it is pretty tough to get action with that board with only three other players.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta look at your opponents. If you have a calling station in the hand then bet it out. If you have a guy that always tries to steal pots then check. Most cases at this stake betting would be your best bet. I would make very small bets all the way through. If someone has something then they'll pay you but if not you don't lose anything.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you giving free cards if you think someone might be drawing to a flush?

You're also giving someone with an Ace and lower kicker or a pocket pair the chance to outdraw you to a full house. Flush draws and Aces will of course call a bet on the flop.

And then on the turn you're saying "OH NOES, THIS CARD KILLED MY ACTION :(".

You really really need to bet the flop and it's not worth going into anything more advanced until you understand why.

Afterlife000

Afterlife000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you probably should have checked and let the others players bet if they had a draw or pair. But if it was more people like 9 or 10, you probably would have got more action.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No-one is going to be stupid enough to bet this flop if they have a flush draw or underpair. They'll happily take a free card. On the other hand, they may not believe you have the Ace if you bet it.

This is not really a monster flop for you at all - it's no better than flopping a single Ace. Think about it.