How do you predict he's holding 35o?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So say I checked and then someone raises 1/2 the pot on the river. What would I do then?

You would flat call, since the pot is a nice size as it is, and a good player would lay down a hand that you beat to a raise, so there is no point in doing.

On the basis that you 2 seem to have a better understanding of this level (And i don't mean that in a bad way) i think your way must be the most profitable. But i wouldnt suggest betting or check/raising into someone who is a decent player or an unknown.

I have a question for you c9, where if you answer in a particular way, i am going to link you to a thread that will drastically increase your ability. If you had pocket kings and 3 bet preflop and was flat called. The flop then came down A,9,3 rainbow and you were first to act, what would you do and why?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop then came down A,9,3 rainbow and you were first to act, what would you do and why?
No need to refer me to the WA/WB thread. Although, I think the WA/WB thread has us in position, being checked to.

;)

And to answer your question, you check the flop.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think putting him all in is absolutely terrible on the river. The guy is a horrible horrible horrible poker player. He min raises the turn with a gutshot, so why would a min raise on the river mean anything?

Since he would probably play the same way with Ax (or 8x), i think there are multiple hands a player like him could raise the river with that you can beat.

Wasn't fantastic play on the other streets however...

Switch why would you put him on a 5? Any 5 to a straight is well and good, but he certainly wasn't representing a 5 in this hand at all. Was simply a suck out. What you say just doesn't make that much sense. The guy flat called from BTN with about the worst poker hand possible. He then called a raise in a 2 man pot with almost the worst possible HU hand. He then stuck around after the flop, when the only possible hand he could hit was runner runner. He then min raises a gutshot on the turn. All in all, he did absolutely everything wrong. So in the vast majority of cases i think he would flip over a hand that was easily beat. Nothing in the way he played looked like he could have a 5.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to refer me to the WA/WB thread. Although, I think the WA/WB thread has us in position, being checked to.

;)

And to answer your question, you check the flop.

Not necessarily, the wa/wb process is more efficient when out of position, but its needed whether in or out of position.

You clearly know what it is though, its just learning that concept helped my game drastically, so i just wanted to be sure you knew of it. Although this hand isnt quite in the wa/wb format.

Deathwish238

Deathwish238

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Care to link me? I'm now curious