Folding AK pre flop

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 50/1 I have just folded AK pre flop to a shove opponent opens to 4 from the highjack I reraise to 15 from the button he shoves for another £95 I had seen him do this earlier with QQ and also KK are you laying this down people with his range looking so strong and i was unwilling to stack off and flip as a slight dog against this range. yeah maybe we could have same hand or maybe AQbut a high chance I'm crushed here?

Last edited:
M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Depending on your stack you should have call with AK
Rgds

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had roughly around 100 dollars behind I would have been all in. In a tournament I'm calling there almost always just don't think people are putting it on the line there without having top range of hands which would be a flip with the likes of 10s or Jacks at best

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have your own decisions.That's really important. Try to have your own decisions.AK pre flop is a good fold.I 'd call only with a big pot.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you suspect a pair fold in that situation....he always has a pair.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need big strenght to fold this hand, i will fold it

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a good fold if you have seen him do that before with a large pocket pair . The AK only hits 46% of the time anyway

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
AK is a drawing hand at best that doesn't play well post flop if you miss.
Playing that hand to a raise is one of my biggest leaks.
I agree, right decision, fold.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know that he does that with QQ and KK, I think that is a good fold. If you have a small stack, call is better but if you have a big stack maybe you can wait next hand to do that.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The correct solution is to fold with AK, even if they are suited, because the chance of winning with AKs 67.05% а с QQ 77.93%

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the situation when I predicted QQ to AA range of my opponents and made the stupid call with JJ. It is very offended when you had known and then failed. After that, I understood that I should be more attentive to my "feel" and intuition during the game.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he did the same and was called by other players who held 10s against his queens and then 9s against Kings so think he had a super strong range here too

Kanaaduh

Kanaaduh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Holding Ace King pocket has to be one of the hardest things. But a good show of restraint and patience.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sucks to fold. No need to risk that much on a coin flip. If he was doing some AQ or AJ all ins and AK was SP would call. Good fold

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question is, how many times have you been 3-betting? If you've seen him hold QQ and KK before he has been watching you as well. Your table image to him is just as important as his to you. It sounds like you got a good read that you were convinced about, laying a strong hand. The nót knowing stinks I know, but it's a feeling that you have to learn to let go. Plenty of times I've called where I was convinced, so I was just calling to see if I was right. That's stupid. Don't do that.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK looks good but is not to to good once they said. GG.!

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a good fold to me. If they think they're slick, they'll do it too many times and get caught by a better hand, but AK is not a better hand. You keep your stack and fight on. No big deal.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have your own decisions.That's really important. Try to have your own decisions.AK pre flop is a good fold.I 'd call only with a big pot.

if you want to win you have to take risks and with a hand of AK because even with AA we can lose so if we will be wary of preflop shots we would be an easy prey for the bluffer ;)

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never fold AK unless in a tourney if there were a few people left to the money ,just my style

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A matter of if your comfortable with the flip which would be most likely. The dude could of easily had jacks, 10's AQ, AJ. Some people like the odds there or maybe your not getting cards and just want to get the most out of the hand. Just thoughts, others have replied more precisely from an odds standpoint. I lose to A4 against pre-flop KK all-in at times.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace king is obviously a big hand but it's not a made hand yet. It's good to be the one shoving with it but not so much calling a shove with it as said most of the time it's going to be a flip with the odd time they have AQ and other time you crushed with KK AA

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 50/1 I have just folded AK pre flop to a shove opponent opens to 4 from the highjack I reraise to 15 from the button he shoves for another £95 I had seen him do this earlier with QQ and also KK are you laying this down people with his range looking so strong and i was unwilling to stack off and flip as a slight dog against this range. yeah maybe we could have same hand or maybe AQbut a high chance I'm crushed here?

50/50 all if you’re in a gambling mood or not. Being online I would have played it personally as there is almost always an ace in the flop especially on like acr being live I don’t know 🤷*♂️ probably would have folded

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50/50 all if you’re in a gambling mood or not. Being online I would have played it personally as there is almost always an ace in the flop especially on like acr being live I don’t know 🤷 probably would have folded. Also had he been playing a lot of hands what position were you in to him act before or act after. Keep in mind when you have a big hand and people behind you are acting wild online you’re probably holding a cooler hand. Or vice verse if he has been really hot he might be holding a cooler hand if he acts first

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had seen him shove then show big hands previously obviously if it's QQ or KK then I can catch the ace but didn't really want to get 100bb in with it

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some ppl are happy to get it on there and rumble not personally my style to do that and flip for that much

Folding in Poker