Fold 2nd nuts against this Villain line?

C

ciriciric

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerrr2 App (basically runs as a live game)
0.4$/0.8$ 200$ CAP
7 handed

Not much info on the villain, seems ok didn't see him do anything crazy

V UTG+1 opens to 4$ (eff. 188$ - 235BB)
Hero BTN QcKh calls (covers)

heads up to the flop

flop (9.2$)
3s 7c Kc

V bets 4.6$
Hero calls

turn (18.4$)
3s 7c Kc 4c
V bets 9.2
Hero calls

river (36.8$)
3s 7c Kc 4c 6c
Villain checks
Hero bets 22.55
Villain raises to 79.20

56.65 to win 195 Getting really good odds, seems like such an underbluffed spot. Feel like V has Ac always here, do we fold 2nd nuts or close our eyes and call? Do we need do have some MDF or go for exploit folds all the time?

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What he knows about you, you might easily have Ace of clubs there and play same way exactly you did. Technically I don't think it's bluff at all, seems like that's an ace he has. Fold is my choice.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have raised the pot on flop. Playing it the way you did I would fold on the river!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would size smaller on the river, since you are trying to get called by some fairly weak hands. When he check-jam, you said it yourself already. Its such an underbluffed spot, and also rather easy for him to have the nuts, since his range contains at least AJo+ and every possible combo of AX of clubs. So there are at least 9 offsuit combos of it and then the suited ones as well. If he open to wide, we can add another 3 combos of ATo, 3 combos of A9o etc.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yea, you don't have the second nuts here.

BTN v UTG+1 KQo can be 3-bet. If you have a calling range I'd mix this hand.

On the river, that are his bluffs? What off suit Ac does he have that he XR on the river?

You can make an exploitative fold here. I thin k V's 1/2 pot for 2 streets is very suspicious/weak to begin with, so make a note and move on. Next time he bets like that, KQ is a definite raise on the flop or turn as it is high up in your calling range in this spot.

L

lcartaxo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to 3bet preflop. I don't like to call, cause if flops a K we don't know how good we are, since villain could have Aces, TPTK, and could take us to the value town till river.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very interesting check-raise on the river. You need to think about why the opponent did not bet first on the river. If it had a weak flash then it's a check-call. So it's either a bluff here, or he has nuts.
I think it turned out to be a very profitable river to make a check with nuts. Because it is difficult for an opponent to assess the value of a bet without knowing whether you have a strong hand or not. He can also provoke you to bluff. But when the opponent sees your bet of 60% of the pot, he understands that he can try to get more money from you.

Folding in Poker