Flopped Two Pair

S

starrpats

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $15.40
Hero (BB): $38.80
BTN: $59.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt T
diamondnormal.gif
diamondnormal.gif
(3 Players)
BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Flop: ($0.65) T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65) T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
diamondnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.10, Hero raises to $3.00, BTN calls $1.90

River: ($7.65) T
spadenormal.gif
heartnormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
diamondnormal.gif
Q
spadenormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

Pot Size: $13.45 ($0.50 Rake)

BTN had T
heartnormal.gif
Q
heartnormal.gif
(two pair, Queens and Tens) and WON (+$6.25)

Hero had T
diamondnormal.gif
diamondnormal.gif
(two pair, Tens and Fives) and LOST (-$6.70)
How could I have played this better? What I did was going to work.. up until he hit a Q on the river. He raised preflop--so I knew he had an overcard(I hoped he had 2 overcards). I knew I had the best hand at flop, so I smoothcalled it. The 9 didn't scare me either, but I wanted to protect my hand so I check-raised, which he calls... when I saw the queen, I was worried, and I would have decided to fold at that point, but I wanted to validate that fold so I paid to see what he had anyway :p I wasn't worried at all about a flush, because the pot was too expensive for him to be drawing out.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Draw heavy board on flop gets heavier on turn and completes several draws on river.
How could I have played this better?
Bet flop. Bet Turn. Bet River. But for goodness sakes, bet somewhere. You played the entire hand extremely week for someone that flopped top 2pr. Check call, check call, then check call to validate that you were finally beaten after not playing the hand at all? You'd have been better off folding PF.

S

starrpats

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet flop. Bet Turn. Bet River. But for goodness sakes, bet somewhere.

You missed my check-raise at the turn. This guy was playing very loose and aggressive, so I let him bet into me at first...

I don't think the villain should have called my $3 bet on the turn, but when he did he hit his own 2 pair on the next street and I was done.

W

Will Sidis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO the check raise was too small. I'd raise to a least $5. You have to price out any draw. He was getting 3 to 1 on his money, and that's without the additional bets he got on the river. He was truly getting 6 to 1 in implied odds (I definitely added incorrectly but it illustrates a good point). Granted he was a 15.333333... to 1 underdog.

But, a flush draw was only a 4 to 1 dog, and a J8/QJ/34 was a 4.75 to 1 dog. If you raise to $6 he gets only 1.625 to 1 on his money. I think the stops any value in the implied fashioned. I can't bare to do the implied odds incorrectly again. So, just trust me on that.

When that Qs hits on the river you just have to go with your read/feel. Although, you are getting 3.5 to 1 and you figure to beat any QJ, KT,AT, JT, AA, KK, etc.

dbitel

dbitel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should really be folding preflop, you have a trash hand and you're OOP.

On the flop, either bet out so you can bet/3bet or just check/raise. Letting him outdraw you here isn't clever.

The c/r on the turn should be way bigger

On the river, you didn't know that he had hit 2 pair. You should just lead the river to get value from worse hands