€20 NLHE 6-max: Russian raises flop/turn nuts/board pairs. Hero?

JacksonBrown

JacksonBrown

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20euro NLHE 6-max: Villain raises flop/turn nuts/board pairs. Hero?

iPoker - €0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 255.1 BB (VPIP: 21.21, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 10.71, hands: 70)
CO: 99.7 BB (VPIP: 25.95, PFR: 18.92, 3Bet Preflop: 4.69, Hands: 193)
BTN: 119.8 BB (VPIP: 22.92, PFR: 16.49, 3Bet Preflop: 8.88, Hands: 592)
Hero (SB): 102 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 5:club: A:spade: T:heart:
Hero bets 2 BB, BB raises to 6 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Turn: (18 BB, 2 players) J:club:
Hero checks, BB bets 12 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, BB calls 18 BB

River: (78 BB, 2 players) T:club:

What can he be raising the flop with as a bluff? Even hands as weak as 6c7c with only bkdr draws make better floats on ace high boards. Chance are if I don't have ace I might shut down ott. So floating makes more sense than bluff raising given the dynamics of bb vs sb?

When he raises flop I think it's either A10, A5,105s,1010 or 55.

When the bkdr flush gets there he can't have it. Very small chance of AcKc. So the question is what do I do here.? When he calls the turn check raise I know he's got something huge I had a suspicion otf but when he bet calls the turn I'm almost certain.

Do I just x/f? Or do I jam? Can I induce any bluffs with a x/c?

Last edited:
H

hagaic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop cbet should be 4bb in this spot, and anyway you never want to cbet 1/3 pot in a single-raised pot.
I think the problem here is that your flop cbet was so small that villain may raise it for thinner value like with AJo, and also bluff more frequently also with hands like 7c6c.
Why call the flop raise with 4 outs vs TP and OOP?
Your turn check-raise was also small (which may be correct because the only realistic alternative is to check-shove the turn).
So villain would call turn with a wider range, so you are basically giving villain too much credit for a monster OTT.
But this just makes the river card worse, cause now he can have the flush (though AK is pretty much ruled out because of preflop).
I think this river is a check-fold. You just got unlucky on this specific card.

JacksonBrown

JacksonBrown

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the problem here is that your flop cbet was so small that villain may raise it for thinner value like with AJo, and also bluff more frequently also with hands like 7c6c
I agree. The best Ax I thought he could have was A10 in a bb vs sb situation though. He was unbalanced too so he would always 3bets his AJ+ at least that is what I assumed. And I range bet on dry uncoordinated A high flops by betting 1/3 pot.
Why call the flop raise with 4 outs vs TP and OOP?
I didn't think he would raise a weak Ax therefore when he raises imo he's polarized to nutted hands and total air. And I believed his raising range on that board was unbalanced and highly weighted towards value,especially when he's in position. So I figured I'd peel one for 4bb and if I hit my gutshot ott their would be a high probability I would stack him. I had RIO but if I can fold my straight otr when the board pairs then the RIO won't be enough to make it -ev because I will save %60 of my stack the times the board pairs and he will still lose %100 of his stack most of the times it doesn't.
Flop cbet should be 4bb in this spot, and anyway you never want to cbet 1/3 pot in a single-raised pot
My thought process behind betting 1/3 pot is something like this. The boards relatively uncoordinated so it's likely that he missed. And if he has an A or 10 he's not folding to a bigger sizing and I didn't want to check and let him seize the initiative and bluff me on later streets. So I figured I would range bet 1/3 pot fold out any weak equity,small pp and get to a cheap turn with possibly 10 outs vs a 10 and a draw to the nuts if he has a ace. I would've barreled turn with a bigger sizing if he had just called. He will also be much less likely to slow play his monsters( A10,TT,55,A5) vs a 2BB sizing because he will want to start building the pot.
Your turn check-raise was also small.
I agree it was to small. I was only concerned about setting up an spr of 1 otr so I could jam. I should've also taken into account that if he has a monster or is continuing with a bluff that picked up equity he has outs.
Your turn check-raise was also small
So villain would call turn with a wider range, so you are basically giving villain too much credit for a monster OTT.
This I disagree with. He raised the flop and continued to bet ott. I just called a x/r on the flop OOP so you know I have something. Now I am raising a J ott. I don't think I have to many bluffs in my range. 10cxc I think make a better flat calls. So really the only bluffs I have are QJ and KJ If I decide to bluff with them. The most likely value hand I have is KQ and I still could have flopped a set or turned two pair. So given that he raised flop and called my turn check raise despite the fact my line looks strong really leads me to believe he wouldn't be calling with any old Ax and at least has two pair.

That was my thought process anyways,it may be incorrect idk. Interested in hearing what people think.

Last edited: