€20 NLHE 6-max: Min-raised in 3-bet pot with TPTK

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 44/27/1

1400 hands on villain, saw him min-raise the nuts on the flop earlier.

I don't want to fold, don't think he's that passive (12% raise flop for instance), so if I think I'm ahead what's the best way to extract here, shove, call and shove turn, call and c/c turn and shove river if he checks ?

UTG: €33.74
MP: €33.90
CO: €20.00
BTN: €24.88
SB: €20.00
Hero (BB): €29.46

SB posts SB €0.10, Hero posts BB €0.20

Pre Flop: (€0.30) Hero has A:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to €0.70, fold, Hero raises to €2.60, BTN calls €1.90

Flop: (€5.30, 2 players) 3:spade: A:heart: 2:club:
Hero bets €4.00, BTN raises to €8.00, Hero wonders the best way to play it...

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm..didn't somebody say min-raises on the flop are the nuts?

either way if you think your ahead here (which seems likely) mise well raise it up on the flop. dunno bout a shove though

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see him calling a shove with A6-AJ.AQ,AK,A4,A5 i do see him calling the flop shove with though.44% pre an villain is on the button =any 2 cards 45suited 23 suited A2,A3 and all small pairs.I'll let some one else run it through stove.
Edit:What is his fold to 3bet%.Thats a key part of narrowing is range down imo.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see him calling a shove with A6-AJ.AQ,AK,A4,A5 i do see him calling the flop shove with though.44% pre an villain is on the button =any 2 cards 45suited 23 suited A2,A3 and all small pairs.I'll let some one else run it through stove.
Edit:What is his fold to 3bet%.Thats a key part of narrowing is range down imo.

His F3b is about 55%. Do you really think he would raise Ax but not call with them?

Does he ever have air here?

So in your opinion what's my best line, just call and c/c turn, fold, what? It's such a weird spot to me

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oop is very tough here.I call min raise on flop check call turn,if turn goes check check i vbet river for about half pot.I don't belive he has air here,top pair shity kicker-set prob.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oop is very tough here.I call min raise on flop check call turn,if turn goes check check i vbet river for about half pot.I don't belive he has air here,top pair shity kicker-set prob.

Then isn't a 3-bet by me in order? Do you really see a 44/27 folding top pair - aces? If he did he wouldn't call the 3-bet with them in the first place

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't see him calling a shove with A6-AJ on the flop.I do see him calling a vbet on the river with those type of hands.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think almost almost all ax are in this guys range to call the 3bet preflop. and I think if he makes the raise on the flop with these hands, I'm almost sure hes not giving up to a 3bet on the flop.

Still, since hes not aggressive its unlikely he would min raise tp like that. I would probably shove, but I think you are beat a lot, or he has air and folds a lot.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think almost almost all ax are in this guys range to call the 3bet preflop. and I think if he makes the raise on the flop with these hands, I'm almost sure hes not giving up to a 3bet on the flop.

Still, since hes not aggressive its unlikely he would min raise tp like that. I would probably shove, but I think you are beat a lot, or he has air and folds a lot.

And vs his air it doesn't matter if I 3-bet right, as he's very likely to shut down if I call him.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he's flatting a 3bet with Ax and raising an Axx flop, he's NEVER folding to a shove.

That's my number one factor for what to do here - determine how much of his range is Ax, how much of it is air, and how much of it is the nuts.

Generally his nuts range is pretty insignificant, and I also don't see bluffs minraise too often (and those he does have shut down immediately after you call for the most part), so my first inclination is that it's just Ax even though he's passive. Jam.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he's flatting a 3bet with Ax and raising an Axx flop, he's NEVER folding to a shove.

That's my number one factor for what to do here - determine how much of his range is Ax, how much of it is air, and how much of it is the nuts.

Generally his nuts range is pretty insignificant, and I also don't see bluffs minraise too often (and those he does have shut down immediately after you call for the most part), so my first inclination is that it's just Ax even though he's passive. Jam.

Thx. Pretty much my thought process, I 3-bet (not jammed as we were somewhat deep) but he folded which left me frustrated lol wondering if I missed value somewhere.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People do spazzy things in 3-bet pots.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts