Discussion of Poker Hand #540

C

calibreeze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically I play way to high for my low budget br (Started the table with $20)

Reads on heads up player - Tight Agressive

Stacks: - Calibreeza with $13.90 - profplum701 with $51.75 - MPV56 with $28.75 - Donkeyburger1 with $79.10 - Marco_Pinzon with $17.50 - Decavator with $48.45 - poker7217 with $60.55 - lfpoke87 with $29.40 - GEINUS with $33.60

index.pl

index.pl

Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to Calibreeza:
js.gif
ts.gif

* - Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* - Calibreeza calls [$0.50]
* - MPV56 raises to $1
* - Donkeyburger1 calls [$1]
* - Decavator calls [$1]
* - GEINUS calls [$0.50]
* - Calibreeza calls [$0.50]
* - Folds: 4
* - Potsize: $5.25
Flop:
8d.gif
7s.gif
qs.gif

* - GEINUS checks
* - Calibreeza checks
* - MPV56 bets [$5.25]
* - Calibreeza calls [$5.25]
* - Folds: 3
* - Potsize: $15.75
Turn:
kd.gif

* - Calibreeza checks
* - MPV56 bets [$10]
* - Calibreeza calls [$7.65] [ all-in ]
* - MPV56 shows :
kc.gif
kh.gif

* - Calibreeza shows :
js.gif
ts.gif

* - Uncalled bet of $2.35 returned to MPV56
* - Potsize: $33.4
River:
3s.gif

Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

gahdoh

gahdoh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are a donk. Hee Haw. :goodnight

Flop call was horrible. You were getting 1:1 on a 4:1 draw.
Turn call all-in was ok (and thats really really stretching it), but only because you committed yourself already and picked up a belly buster as well.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More like 3:1; any 9 gives him the straight as well so 9 outs for the flush + 3 for the non-spade 9s = 12 outs, but still you've got very little implied odds to bump that up because you have little left in your stack to be able to collect from him if you hit.

C

calibreeze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for replys heres two more hands

Read on this guy

Bully to me through out large bets with a larger stack than me I would generally have to fold pre or on flop loose aggressive

Full Tilt Poker Game #3935374578: Table Bruin (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:39:16 ET - 2007/10/22
Seat 1: AetherX ($25)
Seat 2: ECrazy7 ($7.50)
Seat 3: troffel ($37.20)
Seat 4: Jaaboo ($54.95)
Seat 5: msgarison ($30.45)
Seat 6: Calibreeza ($22.30)
troffel posts the small blind of $0.10
Jaaboo posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Calibreeza [5c Jc]
msgarison has 15 seconds left to act
msgarison is sitting out
msgarison has timed out
msgarison folds
Calibreeza calls $0.25
troffel folds
Jaaboo checks
*** FLOP *** [Kh 4h 5d]
Jaaboo checks
Calibreeza bets $0.25
Jaaboo raises to $1
Calibreeza calls $0.75
*** TURN *** [Kh 4h 5d] [Th]
Jaaboo has 15 seconds left to act
Jaaboo has requested TIME
Jaaboo bets $1.70
Calibreeza calls $1.70
*** RIVER *** [Kh 4h 5d Th] [8d]
Jaaboo bets $3.50
Calibreeza calls $3.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Another

Reads Tight Player

Full Tilt Poker Game #3935515691: Table Bruin (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:54:05 ET - 2007/10/22
Seat 1: AetherX ($26.30)
Seat 2: ECrazy7 ($18)
Seat 3: troffel ($24.15)
Seat 4: Jaaboo ($46.15)
Seat 5: msgarison ($25)
Seat 6: Calibreeza ($44)
Jaaboo posts the small blind of $0.10
msgarison posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Calibreeza [Kh Qh]
Calibreeza calls $0.25
AetherX raises to $1.25
ECrazy7 folds
troffel folds
Jaaboo folds
msgarison folds
Calibreeza calls $1
*** FLOP *** [3h 5h 8h]
Calibreeza checks
AetherX bets $2
Calibreeza calls $2
*** TURN *** [3h 5h 8h] [3c]
Calibreeza checks
AetherX checks
*** RIVER *** [3h 5h 8h 3c] [Kd]

Calibreeza ?

S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to disagree with the previous advice. Gahdoh, not to be mean, but it sounds silly when you call someone a donk and don't know the difference between a open ended straight draw and a belly buster straight draw. Either that or you didn't read the board well.

The preflop was what was horrible imo. Limp/calling oop with a drawhand while you're shortstacking is just awfull. After the flop you'd need an angry mob to get me off the hand. Its a shame he's betting pot, so you're not getting any fold equity except by bluffs, but that's alright, since you're about 46-48% against AQ/KK/AA. He could have had an underpair/AK, I think you should reshove on the flop, giving you maybe just a little bit of fold equity and the money is going in no matter what, but never lay this hand down on the flop.

Last edited:
S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1: Don't play marginal hands oop, just fold preflop. After getting reraised on the flop and raised on the turn (where the flush hit) you third pair is not good. Fold preflop/ fold after the raise on the flop, turn and river.

Hand 2: Don't limp UTG, either raise or fold (I personally prefer the latter). You don't have the nut flush, so I think you can check/raise or preferably open raise on the flop. If he has a big overpair you might stack him here, and you don't want to give the ace of hearts any free cards. Bet turn and bet the river for value.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, I'd be with Seneku on the later hands; playing marginal hands will get you in trouble.

Second hand, I'm more inclined to raise than fold preflop, mainly because it's 6 handed, but don't open limp. 9 handed I'd throw it away.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop was what was horrible imo. Limp/calling oop with a drawhand while you're shortstacking is just awfull. After the flop you'd need an angry mob to get me off the hand. Its a shame he's betting pot, so you're not getting any fold equity except by bluffs, but that's alright, since you're about 46-48% against AQ/KK/AA. He could have had an underpair/AK, I think you should reshove on the flop, giving you maybe just a little bit of fold equity and the money is going in no matter what, but never lay this hand down on the flop.

Not much fold equity after checking since it's 5.25 to call and only 7.65 available to raise, and not much stack for implied odds. I can see shoving rather than the first check because he has more fold equity,

but, hmm, mind you,

at that point he's got a pot of 10.50 with 5.25 to call, and if he shoves the 46% applies since he'll get to see two cards and then it's the ~13 shove to win 10.50 (existing pot after bet) + 7.65 (villian's call) = 18.15 so better than the 12 outs by 2 cards.

Interesting. I'm not used to playing short stack ring so I've never tried calculating how you can get priced into a shove this way.

S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can even do this with a bigger stack, as long as you do it as well with your big made hands (sets, top 2 pairs). I agree that you'll only have fold equity against almost pure bluffs in this situation, because the he raised this much, if he would have bet half the pot and you reshove I think he can lay marginal hands down. But it's probably best to open shove the flop indeed.

Didn't really look at how many players were at the table, 6 handed you can raise KQs UTG, I'm always playing full ring, so I'm used to laying this down.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands