Bottom set question again

Vintage82

Vintage82

Total posts
Apologies for no HH (again), I'm writing this at work.

Only 3 players to take notice of here:

mp1 $22
mp2 $28
Hero (button) $26

Hero dealt 2c, 2h

folded to mp1 who calls, mp2 raises to $1.06, folded to Hero who calls, blinds fold, mp1 takes time but calls.

My thinkin was although this is a standard 4x raise if he is playing to a premium hand (no reads on either as yet) and I catch a good flop my implied odds could be huge.

Flop - 10h, 8d, 2s (Pot at $3.53-rake)

mp1 bets $2, mp2 raises to $5.72, Hero..........

I was thinking that mp1 had limp/called with 10, 10 or 8,8, but i'm not one to play scared, if it happens, it happens. Should I slowplay it here, or raise and eliminate a player on a rainbow board, with not much else to draw too?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Total posts
Allin, expect an MP1 fold and MP2 to call with an overpair, which I think is a huge proportion of his range here. If someone does have a higher set, well, sometimes you're destined to go bust, but certainly MP2s play is indicative of an overpair.

Edit: Blinds? I'm assuming this is $25NL.

Last edited:
Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Total posts
I'd flat call, as it looks like you might be able to de-stack mp1 as well. Re-raising will scare him off. You'll definitely get action on the turn anyway so you could bung in a raise there. You never know, mp1 may re-raise if you flat call here.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Total posts
Calling looks even more suspicious than pushing here, imo.

If MP1 is a donk who will call liberally with his QT or something here then calling and getting everything in on the turn is reasonable.