Bottom full-house vs river overbet

C

ciriciric

Enthusiast
Total posts
pokerrr2 App (basically runs as a live game)
0.25$/0.5$/1$ mandatory straddle 250$ CAP
9 handed

Villain from CO opens 5$ (covers) - good agg reg
Hero from SB calls with 5c6c (eff. 277$)

heads up to the flop

flop (11.25$)
6h 9c 6d
Hero checks
Villain bets 7.42$
Hero check-raises to 22.88$
Villain 3Bets to 46.38$
Hero calls

turn (104$)
6h 9c 6d 8s
Hero checks
Villain bets 34.32$
Hero calls

river (172.65$)
6h 9c 6d 8s 9h
Hero checks
Villain overbet jams for 191.3$ eff.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Preflop
Not loving this call out of position with a small suited connector.

Flop
Great flop obviously, and check-raising seem fine. When he 3-bet, thats definitely interesting, and it polarizes his range to trips (often with a better kicker), full houses and then some bluffs like 87. This is important, because if his range is already this narrow, then it cant become wider again later on.

Turn
Think we have to call again for this price, and we also picked up a gutshot.

River
Now you obviously lose to any 9X, but if he would not 3-bet 9X on the flop, then he cant have it now. So I actually think, this was a great card for you. If he has a 6, now his (better) kicker dont play, and there is only 1 combo of 99 left. So unless he have exactly that one combo of quads, this is either a chopped pot or a bluff. So no way I am ever going to fold now. This is one of those, where he has to show it to me.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Total posts
Awards
SR
Tough fold.

He min-3bet flop, so most likely i would think he has 9x, 99, 6x, overpair or even A-high, but when you flat and he bets turn 99, 9x and A-high are gone imo.
So it makes more sense he has an overpair or just blasting with air(maybe)
6x goes away after his action on the river..
And when he jams on the river when the 9 hits it looks to me like he has an overpair which he is turning into a bluff, because he definitely puts you now on 6x and he wants to rep the 9.

Just think about it for a sec.
Does a 6x overbet river in position on that runout?
so what did he think you were calling down with then? They usually check in that spot, because of showdown value.

And if he had 99 he would like nearly 99:1 never 3-bet that flop.
And even if he had 99 when you called 3-bet oop on that flop he would check turn to set trap
And if he had 9x he would check back turn after 3-betting flop and getting a flat, right?

So it would've been a show me the goods one like fundriver already said:D

And if he played the 99 or the 9x in such a way.....Bravo!!!
Rebuy please:cool:

Last edited:
C

Casey55

Rock Star
Total posts
villains turn bet is tiny, it almost seems like hes betting small to test your ranges strength, sometimes people do this and when you call they will over-bet the next street, if your saying he's an aggressive reg its a tough spot to be in. There are no FD's, unless we think his flop bluffs are guts-shots and straight draws he doesn't have many, how does hero's image look against this villain? have we been out of line to make him think he's 3-betting flop for value with an over-pair? I think
that's what it boils down to, if he isn't 3-betting the flop with over-pairs his range seems pretty 9x heavy. but even then,...you could easily have the 9 here so I don't know how often they would shove as a bluff with over-pairs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
if he isn't 3-betting the flop with over-pairs his range seems pretty 9x heavy.

Why would he 3-bet the flop with 9X but not an overpair? On the flop 9X is worse than an overpair.