Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
in general for microstakes
is it considered a bad move to
flat call standard 3x preflop raise?
i dont really like raising these hands and
also find it somewhat hard to fold since they have so much potential. i play 6 handed. thanks for any feedback.

E

Erik343

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe with AQs, yes, but I am super tight. Oh, I did not notice you were playing six handed sorry... My advice is only for nine handed. Not sure what to do for six handed?

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In position against a raise with AQs, I will generally smooth call as it plays so well after the flop, I don't want to be 4bet with this great hand. If I get squeezed from blinds, I don't mind because of playability. Very occasionally against very aggressive villains I'm willing to be all in pre flop. AJ and worse in position, my initial thought is 3bet or fold. Players who fold often to 3bet, or X fold on flop often to c bet, are prime targets for 3bets.

OOP, I will at minimum defend suited A10 upwards, most of the time. I would mix in 3bets with KQ/J, they block a lot of good hands, against people who fold to 3bet/fold to C Bet.

This is just my opinion, I don't play much 6 handed NL. My advice about AQs maybe slightly non-standard.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't flat at microstakes except from the Big Blind and ATs+ is good enough to 3-bet at a mixed frequency in a lot of formation.

You want to avoid paying rake as often as you can at the microstakes, some of the ways we do this are sizing up out RFI size, we 3-Bet more and we flat call less because all those lead to less flops being seen where once we see the flop the house takes rake from the pot.

(Also if you have good 3-betting ranges and your opponents have bad vs 3-Bet ranges you'll gain a huge edge in 3-Bet pots, you should check out GTOWizard, they have some high quality free ranges and some tools you can use to study them)

R

Ripelnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
call always in position, out of position 3bet

K

Khayzard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally 3 bet most suited broadways in 6-max low stakes unless you have a particular read on the villain. You almost never see any 4 bet when you do they have AA KK or AK and you can confidently fold your hand. ATS from the blinds against UTG is debatable I guess I mix in some calls in there too to control the pot size oop

I’d say overall people 3 bet too few in low stakes and are extremely honest in their 4bet range to a point where QQ is sometimes just a cold 4bet call

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Those hands look so good, but are oh so vulnerable!

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
3bet generally these hands, they have good equity v most hands plus good blockers. A fold is good but they play well post flop too. Six handed v lojack you could flat but I would I would 3bet v other positions

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually flat call 2x, if others play loose and agressive. Otherwise I would go gor 3x.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would reraise them preflop . at the very least AQs . and even ATs in late position too

because they are strong hands and you want to take over control / agression . and also want to get more value

and you also want to know where you're at ....imagine AK makes a standard 3x raise preflop and you just call and hit an A and then you will have a problem . if the AK+ rereraises you preflop you can either call and look at the flop or just fold if it is a tight player etc

when you call his/her rereraise and hit an A or Q you will be more careful because of the reraise and will have it easier to guess his hand

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The poker experts say that 'the population' isn't 3betting enough and if there is a place we can learn to avoid this 'bad habits' it's at micro stakes... on topic: IMO it isn't a mistake to flat with ATs-AQs but you should generally use this hands to 3bet(good blockers and this hands play well postflop) and also use other suited connectors too(like 89s, JTs...) to mix it up and make it harder for your opponents to know the hands you play in different spots...

GLGL at the tables and have a great Sunday!

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They are cards to open and pay openness, but against a tribe you have to retreat

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this depends on several factors such as posution for hero and villian and also villians playing style

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this is a strong call hand always from a 3bet position without it, I think it's possible