AKo, flop KK5 w/ two hearts

G

ginNjuice

Total posts
I was playing a fairly loose 1/2 game down in AC and have about $180 in chips. It almost felt like an average home game because there weren't any players that scared me. I'm in middle position 4th seat raises to $12, 5th seat calls, both with around 150-200 in chips. it comes around to me and I have AKo. With this table I knew my call would bring in atleast 2 more players and I wanted to keep it to two or three to the flop so i re-raised to $36. A really loose preflop player in the seat to my left calls with about $300 left in front of him. 4th seat calls and 5th calls with a lot of hesitation. $144 pot in a 1/2 game!! anyways.....the flop comes down KK5 with two hearts, what's the proper bet here? I can't see a check being the right more because the player to my left is passive but i don't want to scare everybody off the pot with three kings ace kicker. any thoughts?

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Total posts
With the pot being so big anything less than an all in gives people the ability to draw out on you cheaply. Push and hope someone called preflop with a KQ or pocket pair not a 5.

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Total posts
Definitely go all-in, even though I'm sure some donk with 2 hearts will go in with you.

IMHO, I think it's better to take this pot down on the flop. It's a big enough pot, no shame in taking it down now.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Total posts
What jayneseo and edge said; your stack is small enough at this point that a standard bet is such a big portion of it that you might aswell just push. Slowplaying is out of the question here as you've got very loose stacks (smooth call $36 preflop!?!?) who will definitely call with a flush draw, Kx, and maybe something like TT or A5.

G

ginNjuice

Total posts
Thanks guys. I ended up betting $90 and taking the pot down there and everybody at the table told me I had aces. "yep"....I always tell the person their read was dead on when they ask me what I had~they're almost always wrong. Tipped the dealer a few bucks smiled and stacked up my chips.