Not open for further replies.
PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need a Statistic and Graph section really.... <---- Note the the mods :p

i agree i think this would be very beneficial.. Although we do have a HA section which i need to start using on a regular basis.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your blind defense stats show you are folding your bb 83.59% - that's "wtf is wrong" - lol! It's too high! Do you notice when you play that your blinds are raised often? People are picking up on the fact that you are folding them 83% of the time to raises.

WV & Absolut are correct. Good advice given.

They are right about your pos stats as well, I had a feeling they would off and that's why I asked you to post them. That was one of my biggest mistakes as well. Your vpip% should be highest on btn, next highest in the co, and gradually decreasing to it being the lowest utg.

Try to not to feel bad about it. My stats looked worse than yours as far as vpip from pos. I just got HEM this year, used it for 2 months then my puter broke. I'm getting it back next week and I really miss not having HEM while I play.

Anyways, don't take any of this personally. I thought I had a pretty good grasp on playing poker and from being here and reading books, etc; I felt I was really growing as a poker player, until I got HEM. When I got HEM it was a shocker to learn I was still making so very many mistakes. It was frustrating but my game was improving when I started to read posts from others and the regulars here responding to them about how the stats should look.

**WV - I love your pic btw!

haha i am not taking anything personally. I like/need all the criticism because im trying to be a profitable cash game player but ive got some leaks that have just got to be plugged up. How do i stop giving away my blinds though? I mean if someone raises me and im in the SB or BB and lets say i have 78s..i call..flop comes A K 2 rainbow..they have position and their is nothing i can do but call preflop and than fold on the flop... should i be 3 betting from the BB or ??? kinda confused about what to do in this aspect. I find it hardest to play from the blinds and thats why i usually fold to a raise unless i have a decent hand 55 +

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY. Here is the full shot.

santa%2Bbaby.jpg

Sorry for the hijack but I can't help bragging on the kid. :)

it aint a hijack man :D this thread wasn complete without a baby santa :icon_bigs nice pic!

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha i am not taking anything personally. I like/need all the criticism because im trying to be a profitable cash game player but ive got some leaks that have just got to be plugged up. How do i stop giving away my blinds though? I mean if someone raises me and im in the SB or BB and lets say i have 78s..i call..flop comes A K 2 rainbow..they have position and their is nothing i can do but call preflop and than fold on the flop... should i be 3 betting from the BB or ??? kinda confused about what to do in this aspect. I find it hardest to play from the blinds and thats why i usually fold to a raise unless i have a decent hand 55 +

Try and see what works. If you notice that you are playing someone who has played a lot of hands with you and they try to steal, 3-Bet them and see how they react. Chances are if they take you as a tight passive player and you throw that in there then they will assume that you have a monster and will just let it go. Do this a couple times and they might leave you alone. You could also just call and hope to hit, but that won't help your image as much.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try and see what works. If you notice that you are playing someone who has played a lot of hands with you and they try to steal, 3-Bet them and see how they react. Chances are if they take you as a tight passive player and you throw that in there then they will assume that you have a monster and will just let it go. Do this a couple times and they might leave you alone. You could also just call and hope to hit, but that won't help your image as much.

great advice absolut...ill give this a shot here in a little bit when i start my session and let you know how things go.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Storm and others u need to raise PFR%, also 2 things: Attempt to Steal at 17 is way low. Most important, I think 52% W$SD is a big leak -- should be at least 70 and maybe 80, shows u r chasing the river with sub-optimal hands (not folding marginal hands early enuff). IMHO.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling with small pairs in position after a raise is fine. Set mining is very profitable. Calling with small pairs OOP, especially against wide opening ranges is NOT profitable.

For example if a tight player opens UTG you can probably call with a small pair from any position (even the blinds) because his range is strong and you are likely to win his stack when you flop a set.

Now take a decent player who opens on the BTN and you should be folding small pairs, in general, from the blinds because when you don't hit you're folding and when you do hit you're not getting paid.

What's your 3bet% by position?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Storm and others u need to raise PFR%, also 2 things: Attempt to Steal at 17 is way low. Most important, I think 52% W$SD is a big leak -- should be at least 70 and maybe 80, shows u r chasing the river with sub-optimal hands (not folding marginal hands early enuff). IMHO.

Totally disagree. Most winning players are right around 50%. Any more and it just means you're not going to SD often enough. In other words people are betting you off too many hands.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uhhmmm how do i find that..ill gladly post it if i knew how to find it lol

Go to the positions tab and click the wrench to add a stat. Add 3bet PF and then redo the screen cap.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally disagree. Most winning players are right around 50%. Any more and it just means you're not going to SD often enough. In other words people are betting you off too many hands.

Hmm... not the interpretation I had heard (and believed), but makes more sense, so txs for the correct input there. :eek:

Better do something about my high showdown win rate!!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well now remember if you're just talking about a small sample it could be really high if you're running hot or w/e but over the long term it means you're folding too much or missing lots of river bets (probably both actually).

What's your WTS%?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_10 Dec. 14 15.09.jpg
    ScreenHunter_10 Dec. 14 15.09.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 64
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can stand to 3bet more often in general (probably twice as much). Remember that we want to force our opponents to make mistakes, hopefully big mistakes. One sure way to do that is to make them play big pots OOP (because being OOP sucks).

So when you 3bet from the button you can do it with more than just AK/QQ+ (roughly your 3bet range) when your opponents are opening a wide range (like so many micro stakes players do). They're going to call 3bets too often and give up UI too often, which are great things for you.

Now don't go 3bet crazy and start 3betting decent players opening UTG or anything but there is absolutely nothing wrong with 3betting the table idiot with KTo from the CO. He's going to call and play fit or fold and that's a great thing. Isolating bad players when you are in position is probably more profitable than set mining because you just get so many more opportunities to do it and you don't have to worry about hitting.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can stand to 3bet more often in general (probably twice as much). Remember that we want to force our opponents to make mistakes, hopefully big mistakes. One sure way to do that is to make them play big pots OOP (because being OOP sucks).

So when you 3bet from the button you can do it with more than just AK/QQ+ (roughly your 3bet range) when your opponents are opening a wide range (like so many micro stakes players do). They're going to call 3bets too often and give up UI too often, which are great things for you.

Now don't go 3bet crazy and start 3betting decent players opening UTG or anything but there is absolutely nothing wrong with 3betting the table idiot with KTo from the CO. He's going to call and play fit or fold and that's a great thing. Isolating bad players when you are in position is probably more profitable than set mining because you just get so many more opportunities to do it and you don't have to worry about hitting.

dam very solid info AGAIN. so your saying i should be 3betting more from the button? or other positions as well?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also i see chuckTs in here, be nice to hear some criticism from you bud

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely 3-bet more from the button, but in the later positions such as the CO and CO-1 you can do it a little more too, especially if you notice that someone is playing very aggressive because they will often lay their hands down when they are just making their standard raise to steal the blinds again.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
special shout out to everyone..this 3 bet thing is workin. check it

Full Tilt, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP3: $5 (100 bb)
CO: $1 (20 bb)
Hero (BTN): $6.76 (135.2 bb)
SB: $3.24 (64.8 bb)
BB: $19.21 (384.2 bb)
UTG+1: $4.95 (99 bb)
UTG+2: $4.85 (97 bb)
MP1: $1.86 (37.2 bb)
MP2: $4.93 (98.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with 8
diamond.gif
diamond.gif

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.67) 9
club.gif
diamond.gif
heart.gif
(2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG+2 folds

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your 3betting fish that call to much try to 3bet stuff like KQ/AJ/QJ(anything that can make TPTK) more rather then SC.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your 3betting fish that call to much try to 3bet stuff like KQ/AJ/QJ(anything that can make TPTK) more rather then SC.

thanks for the tip sindri..really appreciate it and will put it to use. thanks again bud:cool:

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to see it worked there. Keep it up

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This tip is the one that has helped out the most so far. on the buttom ive been 3betting my KQ/AJ/QJ and hitting my TP and have had the higher kicker in all the hands ive hit with. ppl were raising with Q 10/ J10 and stuff and were stacking off to me when flop came K Q 2 or Q 5 3..awesome advice :D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember it's a balance don't go 3bet crazy. Glad to hear it's working for you over a session.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember it's a balance don't go 3bet crazy. Glad to hear it's working for you over a session.

ill keep that in mind :D im not used to 3betting at all unless i have AA KK or QQ and thats pretty much it

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
NEVER OPEN LIMP!

If you don't think raising small pairs is profitable, fold them.

The difference in your VPIP/PFR is also because you call too many bets when there is a raise in front of you. Think in this order when someone opens in front of you. Fold? 3bet? Fold? Call?

NEVER OPEN LIMP!

Good advice if you can't re-raise folding is best.Read up about the Gap concept.You need stronger hand to call a raise pre-flop than to make one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.