AA vs. Possible flopped flush?

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No real reads on villain, he has just been sitting quiet for a few rounds. Is this a case of folding AA? as shown I think my reraise was to small (gong), and if he did hit flush I know I have 7 outs to the nut flush but what other outs do I have? anyway some feedback is welcomed as I have run into this situation before and been gonged LOL

Do I call, raise or fold, I'm thinking calling is probably the worse thing I can do or is it? but on the flipside by calling I get to see turn as cheap as possible and hope for a Club if he indeed hit the flush on the flop?

Full Tilt Poker Game #2191093619: Table Los Prados - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:24:24 ET - 2007/04/12
Seat 1: warwolfra ($0), is sitting out
Seat 2: Aloevera ($7.65)
Seat 3: MrSticker ($9.85)
Seat 4: astreit ($9.50)
Seat 5: tmalm ($4.35)
Seat 6: Fire House 4 ($2.10)
Seat 7: JimboJim711 ($21.20)
Seat 8: Obinn-one ($2)
Seat 9: Jamile100 ($16.55)
Aloevera posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #9
warwolfra adds $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jamile100 [Ah Ac]
warwolfra has returned
MrSticker folds
astreit raises to $0.50
tmalm folds
Fire House 4 folds
JimboJim711 folds
Obinn-one folds
Jamile100 raises to $0.90 - gong in da head for min. raise
Aloevera has 15 seconds left to act
Aloevera folds
astreit calls $0.40
*** FLOP *** [4c 9c 5c]
astreit bets $0.70
Jamile100 ?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, raise more preflop ;)

Nut flush is a possibility, but so are a huge range of other things. Any pocket pair might make this bet (including sets), maybe A9 or something like that, maybe even a random card with the Kc.

Just toss in a ~$3 raise, and see what he does. He'll only have about $6 left, and that's plenty to call if he pushes, given his pretty big range.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raisey daisy! You have the nut flush draw so I don't mind getting it all in on this flop.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you've got the AA and the ace of the flopped flush, I think you've got a strong hand. 2 cards to come to give you the nut flush, plus you might be winning anyway at this point.

He's raised from early but you've got the Ac so he doesn't have AcKc, maybe Kc with another ace, or TT-QQ. In any case, I vote with Chuck and BJ.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also wondering what other outs do I have against a flopped flush and no clubs come, off the top of my head I only think runner runner to pair board and runner runner aces, Is this correct? this maybe a stupid question but what the hell

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise to $3 (ish), I wouldnt be against calling if he pushes back.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise, I doubt he'll push back you have the Ac. If he does I agree with TB, you probably should call. But I doubt he will. He'll likely also check the turn, giving you many options.

To answer your second question against a flopped flush you don't have many outs. You'll need an A + the board pairing on turn and river or, with that board, running 4's , 5's or 9's, which all give you a FH.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, raise more preflop ;)

Nut flush is a possibility, but so are a huge range of other things. Any pocket pair might make this bet (including sets), maybe A9 or something like that, maybe even a random card with the Kc.

Just toss in a ~$3 raise, and see what he does. He'll only have about $6 left, and that's plenty to call if he pushes, given his pretty big range.

Raisey daisy! You have the nut flush draw so I don't mind getting it all in on this flop.

When you've got the AA and the ace of the flopped flush, I think you've got a strong hand. 2 cards to come to give you the nut flush, plus you might be winning anyway at this point.

He's raised from early but you've got the Ac so he doesn't have AcKc, maybe Kc with another ace, or TT-QQ. In any case, I vote with Chuck and BJ.

Raise to $3 (ish), I wouldnt be against calling if he pushes back.

Raise, I doubt he'll push back you have the Ac. If he does I agree with TB, you probably should call. But I doubt he will. He'll likely also check the turn, giving you many options.

To answer your second question against a flopped flush you don't have many outs. You'll need an A + the board pairing on turn and river or, with that board, running 4's , 5's or 9's, which all give you a FH.

I guess I'm thinking along the same lines as you guys and the consensus is push so here's how it played out.

*** FLOP *** [4c 9c 5c]
astreit bets $0.70
Jamile100 raises to $4
astreit raises to $8.60, and is all in
Jamile100 calls $4.60
astreit shows [Kc Tc]
Jamile100 shows [Ah Ac]
*** TURN *** [4c 9c 5c] [Jc]
*** RIVER *** [4c 9c 5c Jc] [Ad] NO Damn Qc
astreit shows a flush, King high
Jamile100 shows a flush, Ace high
Jamile100 wins the pot ($17.20) with a flush, Ace high
astreit is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $19.10 | Rake $1.90
Board: [4c 9c 5c Jc Ad]
Seat 1: warwolfra (small blind) is sitting out
Seat 2: Aloevera (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: MrSticker didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: astreit showed [Kc Tc] and lost with a flush, King high
Seat 5: tmalm didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Fire House 4 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: JimboJim711 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Obinn-one didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Jamile100 (button) showed [Ah Ac] and won ($17.20) with a flush, Ace high

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, but most of the time he won't have a flopped flush, only something like 4 or 5% of the time. Even if he does, you still have a lot of equity. The rest of the time he'll be sticking it in with an overpair with a club that's drawing to 2 outs.

J

jenkins_thelord

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I don't think you can tell enough from this situation in order to pull out of a fairly good hand. I would definitely raise.

Full Flush Poker