AA, suited/straight flop, bet into, .....

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, not the flop I was looking for, plus the villain bets into me with about a 1/2 pot bet.

Villain has been aggressive, taking stabs at pots but not without holding something.

BBB talked about intuition; intuition said I don't think he's holding both clubs, but maybe one high club. Or, would he have called w/KQ, or JT?

My feeling was he has one high club, building the pot and taking a stab at winning right now, but even if that's correct, I don't know if I can price him out by raising?

pokerstars Game #8893543638: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.05/$0.10) - 2007/03/14 - 00:48:47 (ET)
Table 'Ajax' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: peetie pete ($13.35 in chips)
Seat 2: Skull222 ($5 in chips)
Seat 4: Ninelions ($4.75 in chips)
Seat 5: ALWAYS-FLY ($5.80 in chips)
Seat 6: blaznbubba ($4.95 in chips)
Seat 7: jdaly ($10.85 in chips)
Seat 8: dc132 ($8.25 in chips)
Seat 9: DawsonS64 ($9 in chips)
peetie pete: posts small blind $0.05
Skull222: posts big blind $0.10
Teekayoh: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ninelions [As Ah]
Ninelions: raises $0.30 to $0.40
ALWAYS-FLY: folds
blaznbubba: folds
jdaly: folds
blaznbubba leaves the table
dc132: folds
DawsonS64: folds
peetie pete: calls $0.35
Skull222: folds
*** FLOP *** [Tc Jc 9c]
peetie pete: bets $0.50

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would reraise here (like $2 more) and see what he does. Find out where your opponent stands. If he pushes, I would fold.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't sit with half a buyin at the table. It's a horrible spot because if you repop you're close to commiting yourself, if you shove you're only (usually) getting called when crushed, if you call you're giving villain a chance to hit a draw cheaply, and if you fold you're way too weak-tight (yes it's a bad flop for aces but you're facing a pf call and a small flop bet, we can't automatically assume we are behind just yet).

With a full buyin we can raise flop and fold to a shove easily, or re-evaluate on the turn in position if called.

It does look like villain is trying to make a draw cheaply with his small flop lead into the pf raiser, though.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many ways to get beat there, and only a few to win. The win is probably if he's blufing.

He could have paired up, he may have the flush and thinks since you raised, his bet is not big and you'll follow right along.

If you can't lay down the aces, a reraise might scare him off his hand. But I'd go no further than that. And what do you do if the Ac shows?

Good example of when it might be an obvious laydown of the aces.

What happened?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened?

Requesting that you lay off results for a while to give more people a chance to respond. :)

Normally I wouldn't be bothered, but I think this is awkward enough to warrant more discussion. As I implied, every chioce we have appears to be a horrible one, heh.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know chris. .5 into a pot of .9 isnt near odds he needs to draw. i say you might be able to smooth call here (since he's taken stabs with nothing in the past) and let him continue the aggression. if we raise we take away his steam, and he's already drawing to moderately improper odds so calling isnt so bad if he is on the draw.

although, this is .05 .1, so who knows whats going on really.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks to me he may have a straight and put out a small bet to see if you hit the flush or he has the flush and is playing the trap.....push/fold is the best option here....IMO

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't sit with half a buyin at the table. It's a horrible spot because if you repop you're close to commiting yourself, if you shove you're only (usually) getting called when crushed, if you call you're giving villain a chance to hit a draw cheaply, and if you fold you're way too weak-tight (yes it's a bad flop for aces but you're facing a pf call and a small flop bet, we can't automatically assume we are behind just yet).

Yep, what happened previously is that I had lost some, and was multitabling and let my stack get down without noticing. Ordinarily I would try to avoid this.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I wouldn't be bothered, but I think this is awkward enough to warrant more discussion. As I implied, every chioce we have appears to be a horrible one, heh.

This is what I was thinking too.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
although, this is .05 .1, so who knows whats going on really.

This is a definite consideration, though I thought the situation itself is still interesting to wonder what is the best play, assuming he's made fairly proper plays.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like a call here vs an opponent who will bet weak/air hands. you will trap more money in than just raising him. unless he will reraise with nothing.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like a call here vs an opponent who will bet weak/air hands. you will trap more money in than just raising him. unless he will reraise with nothing.

I like this, especially if you let him do so on the turn too, letting him think he's in the lead. Hopefully it continues until the river and you can repop. Unfortunately sometimes they either get suspicious or weak from the betting and check the river. It's probably a good ideal to lead on the river 'cause they'll often check it down.

Plus if, as I suspected, he's got one high club, I can shut down if another club hits and his bet makes me think he's hit.