99 facing a reraise on flop [6c 5s 8s)

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - bluez777 with $26.70 - DocBru with $40.35 - LuxStyle with $29.75 - PATN1TROF with $39.90 - Haopei with $59.50

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to Haopei:
9d.gif
9h.gif

* - Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* - haopei raises to $0.85
* - bluez777 calls [$0.85]
**- 2 players fold.
* - patn1trof calls [$0.60]
* - Total folds this street: 2
* - Potsize: $2.65
Flop:
6c.gif
5s.gif
8s.gif

* - PATN1TROF checks
* - haopei bets [$1.80]
* - bluez777 raises to $6.50
**- 2 players fold.
* - Uncalled bet of $4.70 returned to bluez777
* - bluez777 wins the pot ($5.95)
* - Total folds this street: 2

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent is Loose/Aggressive. I thought he might have called with pocket 6's, 7's or 8's, maybe 5's.
I really thought i was in a bad position to play the pocket 9's with that flop of straight and flush draw.

How would you have played this hand differently?

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That hefty raise on this board usually means one of two things: either he has a monster (straight, set, maybe 2-pair) and is protecting it against draws, or he has a monster draw or a pair+draw combo which is even money with you right now equity-wise. You are out of position, and there are very few cards on the turn that won't scare you. Good fold, wait for a better spot.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He raised into the field wich means he has the goods a good % of the time and you have crap equity against already made hands (2 pairs, higher PP like TT or a strange JJ, str8). If you got outplayed, don't sweat it, better occasions will arise.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye i think it was definately better to fold and wait for a better spot

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see combo draws and crap do this relatively often so i think i shove this

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see combo draws and crap do this relatively often so i think i shove this

QFT, but our involvement in the pot, at this moment, is pretty small. If villain is bad LAG, we'll just clobber him upside down the head with the nuts next time. Also, OP has poor seat/table selection letting LAG have position on him: please to have him seated to you right.

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent is Loose/Aggressive. I thought he might have called with pocket 6's, 7's or 8's, maybe 5's.
I really thought i was in a bad position to play the pocket 9's with that flop of straight and flush draw.

How would you have played this hand differently?

Given he's LAG, I'd put him on A/7s or A/xs. Given that, he's got the outs for sure so I'd have probably folded given the only alternative (imho) would be to simply call looking for your gutshot or set on the turn. IF you called and after the turn he didn't pull a flush or straight into your suspected A/7s or A/xs, you have a very tricky hand but nevertheless with options...check raise if you've hit. If not, either bluff if turn LOOKS favorable for you from his standpoint, or simply check and fold if he presses it too hard. One thing about this particular hand is that the $6.50 of his chips (with the smaller stack) are more valuable to him than your $6.50 in chips are to you.