88 lp 25max flop set

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - Cdn_Chris with $24.65 - OKBeerdrunk with $37.55 - spyder2k4 with $28.95 - topshelfbaby with $65.75 - l33txNinjaz with $7.75 - gabor77 with $25.75 - USANA_Scatman with $25.00 - ChipKaps with $34.45 - I_Hart_Poker with $16.50

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to I_Hart_Poker:
8h.gif
8d.gif

* - Sklansky group 4
Preflop:
**- 2 players fold.
* - chipkaps calls [$0.25]
* - i_hart_poker calls [$0.25]
**- 1 players fold.
okbeerdrunk calls [$0.25]
* - spyder2k4 calls [$0.15]
* - topshelfbaby checks
* - Total folds this street: 3
* - Potsize: $1.25
Flop:
qs.gif
2s.gif
8s.gif

* - spyder2k4 checks
* - topshelfbaby checks
* - chipkaps bets [$0.25]
* - i_hart_poker raises to $1.25
**- 3 players fold.
* - chipkaps calls [$1]
* - Total folds this street: 3
* - Potsize: $3.75
Turn:
5h.gif

* - chipkaps bets [$0.25]
* - i_hart_poker calls [$0.25]
* - Potsize: $4.25
River:
9s.gif

* - chipkaps bets [$4.25]
**- I_Hart_Poker ?????

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

idk i just really felt villain had maybe aq with a spade or q-x of spades. Just felt he hit flush on river and couldnt call. No real stats, but what we have is TAG winning player, won 80%+ of showdowns. Just had no reason to believe i had a shot at winning this hand. I stopped on turn to see if i could get cheap fh or see a cheap 4th spade

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played this is a fold for sure. I'm not sure why you only called on the turn, a min bet is usually a huge sign of weakness and the odds that he flopped a flush are pretty slim. I would have raised it to probably about $3 on the turn and if he re raised after that I would maybe think about giving him credit for a flush.

CubanaD64

CubanaD64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you really should have repopped him around potsize on the turn to give a flush draw bad odds to chase and to see whether he has the flush or not. Assuming he calls, it could mean he has AQ with As but at least you forced him to make a mistake in calling with improper odds to beat you. If you get reraised, you can just get the hell out of there but I think there's no way you can just call on the turn here, it's unprofitable in the long run.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raised it to probably about $3 on the turn and if he re raised after that I would maybe think about giving him credit for a flush.
Short of any reads we haven't heard about, I think this is the line I take here. His turn bet was 1/15 of the pot, lol. WTF is that? A bad attempt at a blocking bet? Raise and go from there.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well thanks for the advice guys, I guess I just felt I could not get him off that hand with a raise of any sort but if i just called and the spade missed he would still think he was good so i could still get money from him. I figured it was just the more profitable idea since it was win win for me

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise the turn!!!

For one, you WANT him to call since his range is way behind your set. Second, he's not paying you off on the river if he's got a busted flush draw, so make him pay while he's still drawing.

As played I think we have to fold.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a raise of any sort but if i just called and the spade missed he would still think he was good so i could still get money from him.
What? o_O He's drawing, and he wants to see the river. If he won't fold to any raise, that's awesome, because it means that the other 80% of the time when the river doesn't come a scare card, we get his money! People chasing draws is how you make $, because you charge them an overly large amount to draw, and you have the discipline to put down your hand when they complete their draw.

Next time, raise the turn, or I will jump through the internets and do it for you :D