$600 NLHE Full Ring: 3 All-ins on flop - should I call?

D

Dlc2584

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
Utg player raises to 20, MP calls and I call on the button with 78 off suit. Big blind raises to $70 (extremely tight player). Both UTG and MP player call and I decided to play as well. Effective stacks are around 500 each. Flop 910K, initial raiser jams and both players before me call. Pot odds are 3 to 1 and odds of hitting are about 30% but a J wouldn't give me the best straight. I end up folding. Turn 6, river 2. I'm questioning whether I should've called. Bb had AA, utg had 910 and MP had KJ. I was spot on with the ranges for 2 of the 3 players.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no point in this hand where you should have put money in the pot! lol

but seriously preflop is marginal but I guess I won't kill you for it....provided you have much better post flop skills than your opponents it's even possibly +EV with the button.

that's a flop to let go of your hand. that's part of having a post flop skill edge is not stacking off with every draw when a lot of your outs are dirty. you have 3 clean outs. when you hit your other 3 outs you will often lose, or if you are ahead it will be very hard to get any more action into the side pot.

D

Dlc2584

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate your response and agree I never should've been in that hand. Since everybody was already all-in, my EV would be positive assuming all 8 cards to make my straight didn't help anyone else. Even tho the 6 came out, I agree it was the best move to fold.