5c/10c ring card dead....top pair/ top kicker vs big bet.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I'm seeing a $11.35, and 5.15 to call (I think you may have missed that they were three to the flop). It's still close though, but my point was that if Jimbo gets called, he's (mostly) even money at best, and way behind at worst.

Okay, thanks. I was wondering because from the villain's point of view, I would have folded KT and maybe even AhJh so that's why I wanted to look at them in more detail.

On the other hand, I was going through my Pokertracker results and realized I made a bad suckout yesterday calling a nearly pot-sized bet on the turn going after a flush which I hit on the river.

btw, I've requested Small Stakes Poker from the library, which is the one I think that you recommended with pot odds examples for practice.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small Stakes Hold 'em by Ed Miller is one of the better limit books out there, yes. If not the best. :)

For calculating pot odds, I find that it has the best descriptions of making estimates on how many outs you have, and that's valid for limit as well as no-limit.