50nlFR TT vs limp-caller OOP

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is taggish (14/6 or so) after a tiny sample and I've been tag as well. Might have raised limpers in recent hands.

poker stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $81.65
MP1: $10.10
MP2: $12.35
CO: $39.25
BTN: $30
SB: $24.35
Hero (BB): $120.40
UTG: $9.80
UTG+1: $64.90

Pre-Flop: T
clubnormal.gif
T
diamondnormal.gif
dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 5 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.75, UTG+1 calls $2.25, SB folds

Flop: ($6) 6
diamondnormal.gif
spadenormal.gif
J
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero bets $4.50, UTG+1 calls $4.50

Turn: ($15) A
heartnormal.gif
(2 Players)
Hero ...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Argh! I don't check. Fire again. This is a great card to bluff.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What better hands can we really fold? Maybe as a set up for the 3rd barrel we could fold out a jack, but how much of a tags range for an ep limp-call is Jx?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if we remove J9 we're apparently still up against top pair more than 55,77-99. Fair enough, double barrel looks goot.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about an attempt to check raise?

If he does have the jack he might check behind worried about our Ax being c-bet already. If he does fire out with the Jack and we c/r him he could very well fold down with the best hand.

Even if he has the A he might give us credit for a better A since we have been TAG, possibley we represent 2pair or better and he still folds.

If he 4 bets us, then we're out and done with the hand.

This is just a suggestion, not a great cash game player (yet) and wanted some input...

Also lets say we do 3 barrel and are floated again, what's our action on the river with a blank?

Edit: The more I think about it the better its seems to three bet since he has played so passively, if we check it seems that he will most likely follow and if he does have the Jack our tens aren't going to win that way.

Would still like input on the c/r though

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he does have the jack he might check behind
Two things. He's very likely to check behind with a jack, and secondly, check/raising is way more expensive than just leading here.
Even if he has the A he might give us credit for a better A since we have been TAG, possibley we represent 2pair or better and he still folds.
What TAG limp/calls with an ace?
Also lets say we do 3 barrel and are floated again, what's our action on the river with a blank?
Depending on the player, we fire again if the river comes blank, especially if another good card comes for us to bet. We're representing AK/AQ. So lets continue to rep.

Announced

Announced

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with c9, I think a double barrel is good, then we evaluate on the river. I think our hand will definitely look like a big Ace, and I can honestly see a dump from our villain on the turn.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small to medium pairs are also in his range for limp/calling, and they would very often call a c-bet in position on this flop. If they haven't hit a set, they will almost certainly fold to a second barrel on a turn ace.