$50 NLHE Full Ring: Seeking comments on this hand. Thanks.

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I’m a break even rec reg on the ABC side trying to add a little lagginess to my game with the hopes of increased earnings. In this game I’m OTB with a suited A. After a raise, a 3 bet and two calls I frequently fold but I’m thinking this could be a big pot so I call. The original raiser, a nit, makes about a pot size 4-bet and I naturally put him on high pair probably KK. Folds around to me and I think my hand has potential and I’m not ready to give up on this pot so I call. Flop gives me a small pair and a heart so there continues to be potential. Villain leads out with a 25% bet – worth seeing another card. Turn heart gives me 12 outs. Villain shoves all in about a pot size bet. I figure my odds of hitting are close enough to call. River doesn’t help. Villain shows QQ. Thoughts much appreciated.

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem 0.5(BB)
MP ($65.51) [VPIP: 28.9% | PFR: 10.5% | AGG: 37.5% | hands: 38]
HJ ($44.54) [VPIP: 61.5% | PFR: 30.8% | AGG: 29.7% | Hands: 39]
CO ($54.29) [VPIP: 28.2% | PFR: 18.8% | AGG: 18.9% | Hands: 119]

HERO ($57.34)
[VPIP: 22.2% | PFR: 15.4% | AGG: 35.6% | Flop Agg: 36.4% | Turn Agg: 33.1% | River Agg: 37.5% | 3-Bet: 5.7% | 4-Bet: 9.2% | Cold Call: 13.2% | Hands: 17031]
SB ($50) [VPIP: 15.1% | PFR: 12.3% | AGG: 60% | Hands: 74]
BB ($175.86) [VPIP: 15.4% | PFR: 13.8% | AGG: 56% | Hands: 263]

UTG ($50)
[VPIP: 14% | PFR: 5.3% | AGG: 28.6% | Flop Agg: 37.5% | Turn Agg: 25% | River Agg: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 100% | Fold to 4-Bet: 0% | Hands: 58]

Dealt to Hero: A:heart: 3:heart:

UTG Raises To $1.50, MP Folds, HJ Raises To $2.50, CO Calls $2.50, HERO Calls $2.50, SB Calls $2.25, BB Folds, UTG Raises To $11.25, HJ Folds, CO Folds, HERO Calls $8.75, SB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [1.27 effective]
Flop ($30.50): 7:spade: 3:club: 5:heart:
UTG Bets $7.50 (Rem. Stack: $31.25), HERO Calls $7.50 (Rem. Stack: $38.59)

Turn ($45.50): 7:spade: 3:club: 5:heart: 9:heart:
UTG Bets $31.25 (allin), HERO Calls $31.25 (Rem. Stack: $7.34)

River ($108): 7:spade: 3:club: 5:heart: 9:heart: 7:club:

UTG shows: Q:club: Q:diamond:

UTG wins: $105

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The critical point of this hand is mainly preflop. Post flop there is not much to say. If you decided to call on the flop, you now play your stack on the turn with a bottom pair and a nut flush draw.
My question is how you decided to continue preflop, when the V value range was evident when you were looking to isolate yourself. If you had AA, would you have played equal? It would really make sense when HJ is very ramdom with his min raise.
However, I don't think it is a good strategy to have a wide range of calls preflop. That could hurt you after because you will tend to bet for value, which could become an advantage for your opponents when your strong starting hands are devalued.
Greetings.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I far from an expert, don't even play much CG, back in time played NLH full ring on 10/25 for a while.

For me, it is a preflop fold for many reasons. UTG opened, probably i far behind him with A3s. The HJ raise for me also suspicious (wants to go a preflop allin vs 1 person, or just close out the rest behind him, check how strong UTg, easily can put him on mid pairs or A10+) after your call can be simply a gift to the pot if UTG re-raise, not worthy at all. And he re-raised, automatic fold.

On flop, it is a simply fold, can't put him anything else except AQs, AKs, over pair or set. Most likely over pair.

On turn also simply fold. I don't think you have 14 outs at all, max 12 (if the A is not blocked). 4 persons wanted to see the flop, even if UTG don't have A, there is a good chance, one of the others had, also from 6 cards in the other 3 players, 1 can be easily heart.... good chance you have just 9-10 outs...

But it is more simple to fold preflop without putting any money in the pot, later on you don't have to face difficult situations, decisions.

Especially, in a full ring game, i wouldn't think too much about it, fold, focus for an other table or next hand.

GL!

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very easy fold pre. If you want to play laggy find some 4-bet bluffs instead of 3-bet cold-calls. A5s is good enough to 4-bet bluff here. ATo-AQo are also decent bluff combos that become viable depending on position. You'll need fold equity if you're going to play "bad" hands so most of the time choosing the passive option is just lighting money on fire.

Never bluffing a UTG RFI with those stats though and never cold-calling it either. It's even worse because someone min-raised and the super nut heavy player gets to raise again. As played, fold to 4-bet. As played played probably call the tiny bet on the flop and stack on the turn.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands