$50 NLHE Full Ring: JJ vs nit 3bet button, questionable river decission - also set mining vs nits?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to make set mining a habit in 3bet pots. Actually I basically never use that as my reasoning for calling unless the pot is multiway and/or we're getting a ridiculous price. You need around 15:1 implied odds for set mining. We're getting 2:1 immediate with like 11:1 behind, so about 13:1 implied. Not good enough.

Question about QQ: simply put, he only has to be 3betting %3 minimum in order to make stacking QQ profitable vs the %6.5 for JJ. Readless and with the little (and not exactly accurate) info we have on villain and his positional play re: opening up in LP with his 3bets, it's definitely a stack.

Seriously, look at the article in HEM. It's incredibly helpful.

1) As mentioned, 600 hands isn't enough for positional 3bet ranges to converge properly. It's safer to make assumptions about his %3bet based on the fact that he's a 11/9 (vpip/pfr converge the quickest of any other two stats) than something else that requires a much bigger sample size and is obviously uncharacteristic (%10 3bet from a %9 pfr player) of this player type. I'd assume it could be more like %7 or 8 max, if even that.

2) Once we establish how wide his 3bet% is, we can derive other conclusions. According to the always-helpful chart in HEM's faq regarding 3bet/4bet game, we know that JJ can be stacked profitably vs a %6.5 3bet range or wider, 100bbs deep.

3) To put it simply, if you don't know what to do postflop, then you likely shouldn't be calling preflop. I've heard better players than myself say "OOP, if it's good enough to call with vs a 3bet, then it's good enough to stack", and I don't disagree.

Old thread, I know, but these two posts along with Stu's posts make a good read. Especially as I need a stronger PF game in terms of 3b and 4bing. However is it possible to post this HEM, take a screenshot or find a link on the web I could have a look at?
Like the "with a 6.5% 3b range stacking with JJ 100bb's deep" chart could be pretty useful for me.