$50 NLHE Full Ring: Did I over commit or got unlicky?

P

Plus Reste

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Did I play this hand poorly or did I just get unlcuky?

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play such high stakes so my comment might be irrelevant, but your play looks like a tournament not cash. You did another re-raise to isolate the initial raiser with dead money in the pot - quite nice. If that raise to 25$ was your all-in I would say it was perfectly played. But with such a deep stack one have to be more carefull I guess. You are against two strong hands. If one is for example AQ and second is JJ I would like to see the flop before deciding. If I hit A or K I would bust anyway though. But that's just me ;) So I suggest only to call the 5.25$ raise and try to play it on flop. AK with such a deep stacks IMHO is not that strong hand after re-raise and a call. I don't think you could have folded after his all-in. I think it was a good call.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPP2N1snZek

Did I play this hand poorly or did I just get unlcuky?

You played poorly, you have few information about Villain to make such a big decision.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like this hand is absolutely a call on the 3bet considering that the button cold called the 3bet. Such a play of 4betting out of position could put you in very dicey situations after the flop if you don't hit. Along with that, considering that you raised from early position, the player after you is never three betting without a hand that plays very well postflop. Like a comment before me said, I don't play higher stakes quite yet, in fact people with more experience than me could see it different, but thats how I would interpret the situation. Call the 3bet and check to the 3better on most flops.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the information of the villain who made the 3bet the most logical thing is to call there is another player who calls, that's why the most prudent thing being UTG+1 is to call the 3bet and then see what the flop brings but I repeat all this depends on the information that you have of the villain and also of the opponent who called, the prudent thing is what I have mentioned to you and the rest of the companions who have answered your thread, of course the result makes the analysis easier but I cannot say that you played the hand badly you had a premium hand and you took a risk that many of us have taken that did not go well for you in this opportunity ok, that was not the most prudent also ok but although now it seems crazy, if you thought that the risk was ok then the hand was well played

P

pandapower99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villains range should be very strong 3betting from this position against your percived tight range with many players left to act. Unless villain is crazy this should probably be JJ+ AK and not much else. That is the ranges I would work off in this spot unless I had alot more info. I would be flatting in this spot and not getting too carried away with top pair top kicker if I hit it. This is a hand you want to play a small pot with OOP and I would be folding on alot of flops if villain bets big

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can be bad, if the 3bettor have very narrow 3bet range or only AA-KK for 5bet. Without info can't be "bad". Can be a "little mistake". But if you have 100bb. You have 140bb.

In this hand the problem is the other guy. With this hand you make 4bet for the fold equity, it is necessary to have FE preflop. AK is not a hand with high equity preflop. Ok, he folds, but this is unusual. You will have good equity vs him, if he have Ax. But vs the other guy (the 3bettor), you will have less outs.

Pretty easy call preflop. If the other guy go All in (very often), you will know about the bluffs. The 3bettor probably will not blufing in this situation. And you can fold even TP.