$50 NLHE Full Ring: How would play KK in this situation?

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 15/11/2

Moved up in stakes for a look. There were a couple villains I recognized as good. One of these villains sat two spots to my right and on this hand was UTG+1. His note said "bets strong with strong cards". He raised preflop to $1.25 and I re-raised to $2.50 with
KK. He called, everyone else folded. Flop comes J32 all hearts. He checks, I c-bet half pot, he check-raises OOP to $9.11 - slightly more than the pot. As I see it, there's only two outcomes - shove or muck. What would you do?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Moved up in stakes for a look. There were a couple villains I recognized as good. One of these villains sat two spots to my right and on this hand was UTG+1. His note said "bets strong with strong cards". He raised preflop to $1.25 and I re-raised to $2.50 with
KK. He called, everyone else folded. Flop comes J32 all hearts. He checks, I c-bet half pot, he check-raises OOP to $9.11 - slightly more than the pot. As I see it, there's only two outcomes - shove or muck. What would you do?

Thank U 4 posting

The flop is a way ahead way behind situation vs a player with stats that suggest either narrow ranges or small sample but good skills. Either way we must expect the possibility of getting check raised by this V

So if our V has the Ah our V should be putting a lot of pressure on us on that flop. Knowing this we pot control vs this V by checking then we are not put into a guessing what to do spot. If a heart hits the turn we have the ability to bluff catch turn and river or fold read dependent

As played a better sizing in this spot vs this V is a 30% bet on the flop. After all why would you half pot bet AhKh AhQh AhAs etc vs competent players

Hope this helps

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

It is complicated to understand your position. This is a Full-Ring table and Villain opens 3x from UTG+1 and you 3-bet to 2x, IP or OOP? Is this a heads-up or a multi-way pot?
I don't get why do u c-bet 1/2 pot on a monotone flop but it lacks the information if you hold the King of Hearts on your combos or if you lack of it. If you don't own the King of Hearts I would say that folding is the best move, as you said "bets strong with strong cards"

When you put a hand for analysis try to put as much details as possible such as position, the nipes of your hole cards, etc. Otherwise it becomes very hard to provide a decent analysis.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop, you should 3 bet to something between $4 and $5, depending on how loose and cally the players behind you are.

If the flop is 3 hearts, you didn't say whether you held the King of hearts. That makes a big difference.

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I will be more thorough in future posts.

I was in middle position with villain two seats to my right (UTG+1). It was a full ring 9-player table. Perhaps I should've just called Villain's preflop raise. But let's face it, KK is a premium holding. You usually expect to win with it so you want to stoke the pot. As was mentioned, a larger preflop raise was probably a better play.

I did NOT hold the Kh. Had I, I might've continued the hand but I folded. I see now that I should've taken the free card post flop. WRT the 1/2 pot C-bet, well, it's just my standard, more or less aggressive play. I need to work on that.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Missing the most vital piece of info. What KK combo did you have?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I will be more thorough in future posts.

I was in middle position with villain two seats to my right (UTG+1). It was a full ring 9-player table. Perhaps I should've just called Villain's preflop raise. But let's face it, KK is a premium holding. You usually expect to win with it so you want to stoke the pot. As was mentioned, a larger preflop raise was probably a better play.

I did NOT hold the Kh. Had I, I might've continued the hand but I folded. I see now that I should've taken the free card post flop. WRT the 1/2 pot C-bet, well, it's just my standard, more or less aggressive play. I need to work on that.
You're making the wrong adjustments by checking the flop and considering flatting pre. You should be increasing 3 bet sizing pre for value. You can decrease c-bet sizing in a 3 bet pot but I don't mind 1/2 pot here since we can charge flush draws. Given our tiny 3bet sizing V still has his whole 11% PFR range which has some hands that we still beat like AK with on heart, KhQx, AhJx, QhQx, etc that will x/r this flop. If the fourth heart hits we can fold. I'm calling this flop raise and probably getting it in on non Ace or Heart turns. If he flatted AA pre, flopped a set or a flush then good for him. We still beat enough of his range to continue in my opinion.