$50 NLHE Full Ring: 50NL QQ in sb vs unknown bet sizing error?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only played a few hands. I won every hand to this point. Had no reads on opponent. His stack was not full. Got vibe he is weak player. Confirmed later.

In sb with QQ no spade
Late position makes it 1.75
Villain and I call
Flop 6 ♠️ 4 ♠️ K ♣️

Check check villain bets $4

At this point I really got vibe he was taking a stab at the pot.

I call middle player folds.

Turn J ♠️

I lead $4.25 into $12 pot.

If he calls I’m putting him on A or K of spades maybe K10 of spades doubt it. He calls. I put him on AJ with the A of spades at this point gut feeling. My game plan is I’m going to check and he will go all in if a spade does not come. I will call as long as it’s not an A.

River 7 ♠️ I check he goes all in for $30 into $20 pot. I fold he shows AJ of clubs.

Where did I go wrong?
Thanks for tips! I felt like my turn sizing was bad? Maybe, feel like one of my leaks is bet sizing. Not really sure what is correct. He did everything I wanted him to do. I would have no doubt busted him if river was a blank. Thanks again boys.

Last edited:
Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I would 3 bet especially against bad players when OOP.

Flop no comment.

Turn pot is $12 and you lead for $4.25 which is low and screams like a stop bet hoping the opponent does not raise you. Think that is a mistake you are giving to much information away as being on a draw or having top pair and don't liking the spade at all. Would rather check call or check fold or raise bigger to bluff the opponent out of the pot.
You are putting him on a very narrow range here which is something I would not recommend why cant he have a hand like KQs of diamonds or even KJs or KQo.

River is another spade now that is a perfect card for you to bluff due to your small turn bet as it looks that you are on a draw or have top pair. So another option for you is to bluff here
but with no spade that is a gutsy play.
You check and the opponent pulls the trigger (shoves) which indicates a polarized hand hes probably either on a complete bluff or he has a NUT hand, difficult spot but with QQ would fold.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop I would 3 bet especially against bad players when OOP.

Flop no comment.

Turn pot is $12 and you lead for $4.25 which is low and screams like a stop bet hoping the opponent does not raise you. Think that is a mistake you are giving to much information away as being on a draw or having top pair and don't liking the spade at all. Would rather check call or check fold or raise bigger to bluff the opponent out of the pot.
You are putting him on a very narrow range here which is something I would not recommend why cant he have a hand like KQs of diamonds or even KJs or KQo.

River is another spade now that is a perfect card for you to bluff due to your small turn bet as it looks that you are on a draw or have top pair. So another option for you is to bluff here
but with no spade that is a gutsy play.
You check and the opponent pulls the trigger (shoves) which indicates a polarized hand hes probably either on a complete bluff or he has a NUT hand, difficult spot but with QQ would fold.

I haven’t been 3betting AA KK or QQ lately. Been finding myself in more interesting spots. Check raising turn would grt him off his hand. I like that line too. Will do next time. That was my goal to make it look like a weak bet and have him raise me. Good stuff thanks

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont hate flat calling with QQ+ but then I like to be in position not out of position as out of position it is more difficult to build/control the potsize.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sqz pre flop. very hard to manuver oop multiway in such a spot

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only played a few hands. I won every hand to this point. Had no reads on opponent. His stack was not full. Got vibe he is weak player. Confirmed later.

In sb with QQ no spade
Late position makes it 1.75
Villain and I call
Flop 6 ♠️ 4 ♠️ K ♣️

Check check villain bets $4

At this point I really got vibe he was taking a stab at the pot.

I call middle player folds.

Turn J ♠️

I lead $4.25 into $12 pot.

If he calls I’m putting him on A or K of spades maybe K10 of spades doubt it. He calls. I put him on AJ with the A of spades at this point gut feeling. My game plan is I’m going to check and he will go all in if a spade does not come. I will call as long as it’s not an A.

River 7 ♠️ I check he goes all in for $30 into $20 pot. I fold he shows AJ of clubs.

Where did I go wrong?
Thanks for tips! I felt like my turn sizing was bad? Maybe, feel like one of my leaks is bet sizing. Not really sure what is correct. He did everything I wanted him to do. I would have no doubt busted him if river was a blank. Thanks again boys.

If you are against an aggressive player, you should have went for a reraise preflop. I think he would have called preflop and tried to draw for an ace or jack. I don't think you could have done much with QQ after the king came and you were scared.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont flatcall QQ
Dont donk bet the turn
Fold the river. Write a note on that player that he overbets 2nd pair all in on the river on 4flush board.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s assumptions and gut feelings going on a bit too much here.

QQ is to vulnerable to flat even in position ore expecting a multiway pot.

Once the K comes we either turn QQ into a bluff which makes little sense or play for a cheap sd.

You say if he calls he can have two Kx combos, then when he calls you put him on a very exact hand. This is a huge mistake.

xaakar

xaakar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like everybody said. gotta 3bet pre.

and from villain perspective:

you flat pre,
check/call flop
1/3 weak donk turn
check river

you look very weak, and it seems very easy to bluff you out of that pot

on the turn you should check, or if you insist on betting, bet bigger. otherwise you give the good price to continue with any draw or 2nd pair.

but anyway good fold river, dont forget to take notes on villain

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet pre for sure, big sizing too, like 3.5-5x his open, as played why would you ever lead turn? what are u repping? he still has every k in his range and you have no information that says otherwise, and if you want to continue on the turn just check call to keep his bluffs in, this way if he decides to bluff u will have to play for it all with underpair to the king and you will get stacked if he has you beat

and dont put people on exact hand in any spot that is just not possible, rather put him on a range based on how the hand is playing or played out and play each spot vs his range not the exact hand you have him on coz thats almost never gonna work