$50 NLHE Full Ring: 5 handed no action till river. Call or fold?

H

Hunterholliday

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SUPER interesting hand.
Table info. This is a super tight table but the villain is short stacked and new to the table.
Hero UTG +4 has 77
Villain UTG+2

preflop. fold, UTG+1 Call .50, UTG+2 Call .50, fold, hero raise to 1.37$, fold, fold, sb call 1.12$, bb call .87$. UTG+1 CALL .87$, UTG+2 Call .87$

Flop(pot 6.40$)
:4h4: :qd4: :as4:
Check, check, check, check ,check

Turn(pot 6.40$)
:10h4:
Check, check, check, check, check

River(pot6.40$)
:6d4:

Sb bet 1.00$, bb call 1.00$, UTG+1 fold, UTG+2 RAISE TO $10.85
fold around.

Was this a pot grab and worth calling? Guy is new to the table and short bought in... worth a call? Seems like he is aware of the super tight aspect of the table and is making a grab.

Thanks for the advice. Im thinking a c bet may have been in ordsr just to weed the table down. But into 4 other people? Let me knkw what yall think. Thanks!

Trabendo_daze

Trabendo_daze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise more preflop. You're giving too many people too good of odds to limp and see a flop with their nonsense. You played it fine as you did. bluffing into 4 people is usually a disaster and you can fold on the end.

General rule for raising is 3x + one more BB per limper. It can be a little adjusted from that but that's a good guideline.

We're looking at a PFR of about 2.50-2.75 then

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make your initial raise x3 plus 1bb for each limper so $2.50, all your sizing achieved was to invite a load of speculative stuff to come along. Clearly no one has anything decent as none feels confident enough to bet until the end. You are almost certainly not winning with 77. If he is a short stack then he must be nearly pot committed so it's 100% a fold for me. He'd have to have at least another 40bb behind before I'd even consider a bluff on the end. Even then KJ is unblocked a nice big 16 combos to smack any bluff.

T

thatspoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As was said above you should be raising a lot bigger preflop. At least 2.50. You are turning a hand that you could potentially play for value unimproved into a hand that is now basically there for setmining.
As for the river, yes it's a fold. I doubt he would be bluffing often enough for you to call.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As has been said: raise 2.50$ preflop (3BB + 1BB/limper).

As played, check/fold all the way.

I'm guessing both SB and BB had a Q or weak A, and UTG+2 a slowplayed KJ.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker