$50 NLHE Full Ring: 4betting AK.

S

skpmn 56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing 9 handed 50NLH. Effective stacks 120BBs.UTG+1 average reg raises 2.5x. Button is solid reg who doesn't get too far out of line. He 3 bets to 7BB. Hero is in SB with AK. What is my optimal play here? Thank you.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to the positions and stacks involved, as it is 9-hands and a 4WP the x / r line is a bit fair from SB and I think it is more accepted for this table dynamics.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a tough spot, and given that it's full ring and you're OOP for the whole hand, I think flatting the button 3 bet could be a good plan.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 3 bet sizing is small. I think I do prefer a 4 bet here. If we flat we can still get raised behind. I don't think it's great to go 3 ways here either as we will under realize our equity OOP when we miss the flop. Average reg will be in a tough spot facing a cold 4 bet on top of the solid BTN 3 bet. AK is doing fine against most of their ranges and has the best blockers for the hands we don't want to see. I'd go 18-20 BB and eval from there. If it gets crazy and goes jam, call we can still fold and lose the min. A lot of times we will at least get it to heads up and should be able to navigate post flop ok.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll add a little more than what I would do in this particular situation, for a 9-player table.

Limp preflop action with AKoff and then

Call:
BB 4-bet and BTN call, I call.
BB 4-bet and calls of UTG with BTN. I call.
UTG 4-bet and BTN fold, I call (when BB call).
UTG 4-bet and BTN call, I call.

Jam:
BB 4-bet and folds. I 5-bet / jam.
BB 4-bet and UTG call. I 5-bet / jam.
UTG 4bet and BTN fold. I 5bet / jam.

Fold:
UTG 5-bet / jam and BTN call. I fold.
UTG 5-bet / jam and BTN fold. I fold.
UTG 4-bet and BTN 5-bet / jam. I fold.

Last edited:
Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you need to look at the statistics of the players and the dynamics of the game at the table. But I think the line here looks like a 4-bet. Thus, we seize the initiative and can play confidently postflop even out of position. Call or fold actions are considered weaker here.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars