razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

I don't why the converter won't show but I have AKdd in this spot.

Villain is a player who I haven't seen before but noticed he is multitabling PP fast tables.
I don't have info on many players since I recently moved up in stakes.
So i cbet flop pretty standard i think with my whole range here as I dont expect any 4x combos from villain.

His raise on the flop still doesn't have me convinced he has a 4x. I put him on 66, quads, 77-JJ and some BDSTD and BDFD.

Turn is very interesting because at the time I couldn't have seen him doing with his strong hands, but now thinking about it that is how much I would size it with FH+ do get value from 77-QQ.
I thought he is most likely block betting 77-JJ so he could cheaply get away from it and x back the river so I decided to raise.

River i continued with the same thought process and I decided to go for some thin value but he was having non of it.

What do you do on the river here and do you even take this line ever?

BTN: $50.00 (100 bb)
SB: $50.00 (100 bb)
BB: $125.38 (250.8 bb)
UTG: $56.04 (112.1 bb)
Hero (MP): $174.21 (348.4 bb)
CO: $46.54 (93.1 bb)

SB posts $0.25, BB posts $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has :ad4: :kd4:
fold, Hero raises to $1.14, fold, BTN calls $1.14, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.03, 2 players) :6h4: :4s4: :4d4:
Hero bets $0.95, BTN raises to $3.34, Hero calls $2.39

Turn: ($9.71, 2 players) :kh4:
Hero checks, BTN bets $3.07, Hero raises to $11.06, BTN calls $7.99

River: ($31.83, 2 players) :8d4:
Hero bets $9.97, BTN raises to $34.46, Hero ?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your call of his raise on the flop is thin. He could have you drawing very, very slim.

As for putting players on ranges, as games become more and more aggressive, it's becoming much harder to narrow things down. He's on the button, and may be one of those guys who has 54s in his 3 bet bluffing range.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure turn is just a call
not loving the flop as well. either we check call or bet fold oop imo
IP I'd float

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I agree with the advice above. V's range is typically more weighted with pocket pairs than yours, so the XR is hard to call. I'd just fold it there.

River is definitely a check call given the action so far. I play lower stakes than you, so for me the river is definitely a fold since there are no natural bluffs there. At your stakes it may be different.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree, if he had 54s probably he would let you bet all 3 streets and raise you on the river, most likely he had something like 76s or 65s, and wanted to protect his 6, so I would call at the end.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a pretty crazy hand with raises on all 3 streets, and fundamentally the pot got way to big for your hand. I think, the key mistake was check-raising the turn. This is overrepresenting your hand and asking to be put in spots like this. As played you have to fold on the river. You only beat a bluff, which absolutely refuses to give up, and even one of the draws (75) got there on the end.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I felt like I was at the top of my range on the river, and he gave me such a great price with me only needing 25% equity. Tbh it is hard to find bluffs since I gave him a range of just underpairs that would call the block bet.
Still I called and V showed T8hh.
Pretty crazy hand.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars