$50 NLHE 6-max: JJ in 3b pot gets c/r

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I flat them lots given the right variables (polarized btn range, postflop aggression, etc) and I also see plenty of others do the same, maybe for different reasons (lol I have AA lets trap).

Wouldnt say its standard for most 50nl players, but even given how few hands beat us here, I can think of fewer that we beat. 88-TT do this as a standard? XX with backdoors?

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but if the answers to those questions arent yes then we should be either second guessing pf or going to the flop with the plan that he c\c all his non-QQ+ range and so we easily b\f.

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm maybe this is something i should incoperate into my game then... okay so bet fold is probably the best answer, do you think he EVER shows up here with hands other than Qs+? if so how often

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's one of those hands where you want to call or raise but you have a real bad feeling about it. I would probably fold but sometimes you gotta take a stand! He might be bluffing with AK. If you always fold in this spot it's no good either. That's what makes poker so interesting....:confused:

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely incorporate at least occasionally flatting KK/AA OOP to 3-bets because if you don't, the range with which you flat OOP to 3-bets really sucks ass.

Think of how many people's 3-bet plan assumes that you 4-bet or fold. If you always 4-bet KK+ you are letting him play perfectly. If you flat with a capped range of medium strength hands you are letting him play very well.

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guess I dont really flat oop to 3bets unless say a nit 3bets me and we are deepish i can setmine.. I mainly just 4b bluff or fold

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely incorporate at least occasionally flatting KK/AA OOP to 3-bets because if you don't, the range with which you flat OOP to 3-bets really sucks ass.

Think of how many people's 3-bet plan assumes that you 4-bet or fold. If you always 4-bet KK+ you are letting him play perfectly. If you flat with a capped range of medium strength hands you are letting him play very well.
Ok the thought of flating a 3bet oop with kk+ hurts my head.Ok what type of villains are going to take this line with.Low 3bet,High 3bet (which seems weird because most villains with high 3bet shut down after c\c flop)high cbet \and high cbet turn?In other words what is the perfect villain to take this line with?How often would you take this line 10%?Less?More?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
High 3-bets, obviously if someone only 3-bets QQ+/AK we should 4-bet and try to get them to stack off.

In general we should flat quite a bit with hands that play well against polarized ranges. It's easy to figure out how you should respond if people are 3-betting A3 and Q6s, then we should obviously not 4-bet very often or fold but instead flat with KQ, AJ.

But if the best hands we can have on Ax or AKx boards are AQ and we rarely flop overpairs then we are going to get owned by regs so we should include some stronger hands in our range as well.