K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4a1QQEvb

Hi all! Another hand I don't know what to think of.

When I think about the 3B sizing, it seems high despite the 3 players in game.

CO isn't likely to have AK, most likeley QKs, 88-JJ, maybe AQ, AJ, QK, KJs, some lower pairs. Problem again, don't have much hands with V, so no clue how bad/good he is. He might even play here with some suited connectors, you never know.

If V has KQs, I have still 44% to call, where only need 38%. If he had the Ah there it is not as bad as I thought, assuming he don't have AK. Of course he could have a set, than still have 28%.
My conclusion is I folded to easy here, but in the moment it feels not right to call there. Maybe I could Cbet on this flop?, but I have no idea what to think of it.

Looking forward to your reply! Thanks a lot in advance. Regards

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I leans towards C-betting the flop. I would obviously rather have Ah than Qh, but having a heart still matter. By C-betting you put hands like TT-QQ with no heart in a tough spot. As played I think, I would also fold. You are not getting a very good price, and you could be drawing dead against the nut flush or AK/AA with A of hearts. Here it would really make a difference to have Ah, because then you are never drawing dead.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played cash games in 888, so I do not know the types of players that could be found. However on first impression, it seems that this table got a bit sticky in this hand.
The opening comes from a very strong position, then the effective stack of the hand calls 2.5x from CO. That call seems a bit suspicious to me with 80bb, when there are still 3 active players that need to speak. Without specific reading, we must assume that this villain enters the pot with decent hands, of type middle-high connectors of the suit. The SB's call seems really interesting. There is only one player left to act (hero). So from SB's shoes, the villain can understand that if he has a very strong hand, he needs to seek isolation now, as his range will lose equity when he finds himself in postflop and with a multi-way pot. The only reason I can find in SB for him to call preflop with a super strong hand, is if he expects the BB to 3-bet on a high frequency.
From another perspective, if we assume that the SB does not seek isolation, his preflop call will allow him to have more information about the active ranges, especially the CO range, which he called with 80bb to a 2.5x MP opening. So if he is facing a 3-bet from any position, he will have a safer fold to make.
Due to the unconventional CO and SB lines, I prefer to just call preflop. Although our hand has some properties, this sequence seems to indicate that we will not get enough fold equity in the active positions, and the times we are called, we will be overcome a good part of the time.
As we play preflop, it is correct to check this flop texture in a 3-way pot. If we had called preflop I also agree with the flop check. The continuation bet makes more sense here when we look for the jam with our second nut flush draw, given the little deep of the stacks. If we don't want to draw dead when we think that one of the villains has the Ah, I agree more with the check/fold line.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not going to cbet that board, I like calling the flop bet. Fund is obviously right that having the Ah would make all the difference in the hand, but the 2nd nut flush draw still has value.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundriver, Gustav, Sidet, thanks a lot for your replies, it helps. Hope you have a nice day! Regards

Folding in Poker