K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/2a1RySEv

This first hand, this should be in my 3B bluff range I quess. Do I have calls here in this spot, or just fold/3B?
On the flop I choose to CR, but sometimes I just call. Size of CR I think is fine? Of course on the turn I am not happy, but it feels I should bet again here, and bc of stack of V bet him allin.
Do you agree with me I can C /CR on flop, but when I choose to CR I have to continue with my story and bluff for at least the turn?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/9a1RzZUr
This hand don’t know that much about V, but be4 the hand it didn't look like it was a fish. The raise on the flops feels when I play it like he was bluffing me, I made the 3B. I think the size was to high here? I think it is clear I can’t fold the 4B..

Thanks again a lot for your reply! Have a nice day! Regards

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the 1st hand, having a pair and the nut flush draw is a very strong hand. I would prefer a slightly larger check raise on the flop, setting up a pot sized shove on the turn. You have as many as 14 outs to the probable best hand, and as played, I think you're folding too much equity.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the 1st hand, having a pair and the nut flush draw is a very strong hand. I would prefer a slightly larger check raise on the flop, setting up a pot sized shove on the turn. You have as many as 14 outs to the probable best hand, and as played, I think you're folding too much equity.

Thanks for replying Side and your advice.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: Especially since you will be out of position I think this is a 3 bet or a fold. Calling here will usually lead you to playing a weaker hand than villain out of position. It will also be harder to extract value when you do hit since you will be out of position. As far as the flop goes, which is great for us. I dont like check raising at all and would just check call there unless I have made up my mind Im going all the way with this hand. Villain is short stacked so I think its fine to have that mentality of going with it but I think when we check raise there then we are either folding out his air or villain is calling with their hands that beat us. There is value in getting KJ or J10 to fold but we have 2 of those outs unless villain is holding both of them. I prefer to call here, pot control a touch against hands that are beating me. If you are going the check raise way I would go bigger there and never be folding. As played by you I would jam the turn (slight overbet) because the king is the best card but villain could have Qx now that is scared of the King.

Hand 2: I think I am just folding here but in 6 max I get it and its probably fine but you will be called I think in 6 max a decent amount from CO and BTN so you will be out of position a lot. The flop is a great flop but it is also the wettest of boards that hits villain big time. I would know before I do anything here that I am being raised quite often by the villain if I bet here. I think I check call here or maybe even check raise. I am not folding to a raise I just know it is coming and I think I would rather close the action myself to one bet or raise and be the one looking stronger vs the standard lead out there. As played when you raise villains raise you are getting it in every time I think and the hand they have is actually at the bottom of their range if you are getting it in (sometimes villain will raise with air there and then you re raise and theyre gone) so you are getting it in bad. It might be a leak of mine but when I am out pf position with a draw I usually let the villain drive. When we play the hand in the fashion we do I just see the end game being often all in by the flop with us having 33-40% equity in the hand. A good run out though

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: Especially since you will be out of position I think this is a 3 bet or a fold. Calling here will usually lead you to playing a weaker hand than villain out of position. It will also be harder to extract value when you do hit since you will be out of position. As far as the flop goes, which is great for us. I dont like check raising at all and would just check call there unless I have made up my mind Im going all the way with this hand. Villain is short stacked so I think its fine to have that mentality of going with it but I think when we check raise there then we are either folding out his air or villain is calling with their hands that beat us. There is value in getting KJ or J10 to fold but we have 2 of those outs unless villain is holding both of them. I prefer to call here, pot control a touch against hands that are beating me. If you are going the check raise way I would go bigger there and never be folding. As played by you I would jam the turn (slight overbet) because the king is the best card but villain could have Qx now that is scared of the King.

Hand 2: I think I am just folding here but in 6 max I get it and its probably fine but you will be called I think in 6 max a decent amount from CO and BTN so you will be out of position a lot. The flop is a great flop but it is also the wettest of boards that hits villain big time. I would know before I do anything here that I am being raised quite often by the villain if I bet here. I think I check call here or maybe even check raise. I am not folding to a raise I just know it is coming and I think I would rather close the action myself to one bet or raise and be the one looking stronger vs the standard lead out there. As played when you raise villains raise you are getting it in every time I think and the hand they have is actually at the bottom of their range if you are getting it in (sometimes villain will raise with air there and then you re raise and theyre gone) so you are getting it in bad. It might be a leak of mine but when I am out pf position with a draw I usually let the villain drive. When we play the hand in the fashion we do I just see the end game being often all in by the flop with us having 33-40% equity in the hand. A good run out though

Thanks for your reply HPGOD. I appreciate it. Do you ever raise/semi bluff on flop with the flushdraw? Feels like you only CB and call bets from V when CB. Things get complicated for me when I have the idea to get balanced on flop, have some hands value, and some bluffs. Of course the semi bluff seems one of the good bluffs.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your reply HPGOD. I appreciate it. Do you ever raise/semi bluff on flop with the flushdraw? Feels like you only CB and call bets from V when CB. Things get complicated for me when I have the idea to get balanced on flop, have some hands value, and some bluffs. Of course the semi bluff seems one of the good bluffs.

I sometime will, not often, but much more often I check call when out of position. I like to semi bluff my draws while in position and play them more passively out of position. If I am up against what I consider a better player I will check raise more often since they have the ability to find the fold button and am willing to fold out their air more in those cases since they have a better chance of out playing me later in the hand. When I check raise in the spot you had I feel like I am almost committed to betting turn unless I want my hand to play face up. I never want to play a hand where I feel like my cards are face up so I like to disguise it more out of position and just call usually. Speaking about balance you can be balanced in many ways. With the stack size in this hand you would not have to check raise to be able to get it all in on the river so there are times I am check calling my super strong hands as well here for balance. I dont usually get too enamored with balance since we dont know how many hands we will get against any villain (just depends on what you usually play) but I just want to make actions where villain cant as easily put me on a hand. Again I feel like if I check raise and then check turn when I miss its an easy draw most of the time for villain to spot. Therefore if we check raise here I think we need to bet turn and depending on sizing that might really marry us to the hand.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometime will, not often, but much more often I check call when out of position. I like to semi bluff my draws while in position and play them more passively out of position. If I am up against what I consider a better player I will check raise more often since they have the ability to find the fold button and am willing to fold out their air more in those cases since they have a better chance of out playing me later in the hand. When I check raise in the spot you had I feel like I am almost committed to betting turn unless I want my hand to play face up. I never want to play a hand where I feel like my cards are face up so I like to disguise it more out of position and just call usually. Speaking about balance you can be balanced in many ways. With the stack size in this hand you would not have to check raise to be able to get it all in on the river so there are times I am check calling my super strong hands as well here for balance. I dont usually get too enamored with balance since we dont know how many hands we will get against any villain (just depends on what you usually play) but I just want to make actions where villain cant as easily put me on a hand. Again I feel like if I check raise and then check turn when I miss its an easy draw most of the time for villain to spot. Therefore if we check raise here I think we need to bet turn and depending on sizing that might really marry us to the hand.

Thanks a lot HPGOD. I understand and it helps me a lot! You are the boss! Regards

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1

Preflop
A5s is an ideal 3-bet bluffing hand, so this would definitely be my default preflop.

Flop
I would just check-call. You have middle pair, so you have showdown value, and this is more important than the fact, you have a draw. I especially dont like check-raising against a halfstacker like this. He might simply go with a hand like top pair, and even when he just call, there is only a little over a pot sized bet left, and the turn is going to be pretty awkward, when you miss.

Turn
As played I agree with check-folding, and this is why, raising the flop sucks, because you are folding out a ton of equity.

Hand 2

Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I like your C-bet, but when he raise, I would just call. I think, when you put in a 3-bet here, you are just getting yourself into a situation like this, where you end up stacking off as a slight underdog.

Full Flush Poker