Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/9a1RMkVa

V 30-25. - 3B 10%

Good evening! Do you call pre here with 88?
Earlier like last month I folded here, think I have called TT or JJ. But after study this week I think I could profitably call lower pocket pairs in spots like these, IP.
SB OOP 3B range 7.99% 88+,AJs+,KQs,QJs,JTs,T9s,AQo+,KQo = 59% raw equity. So my 88 41% raw equity.
OR
SB OOP 3B range 11.01% 88+,AJs+,KJs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s,AJo+,KQo = 53% raw equity. So my 88 47% raw eq

How much does it change to you the BTN have called after open raise? SB 3B could be wider to pick up money, but BTN could call the 3B as well with most likely 99, maybe TT. That of course won't be nice.

Postflop I think the call on flop was fine. Of course happy to see the check on turn. River bet feels like bluff AK/AQ, so I called. This time I was right.

Again many thanks for your reply!! Have a nice weekend!

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your play of the hand. Checking back on the turn induced the river bluff, and you won a good pot.

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice play, I think you made your opponent force the error and made a confident river call.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for replying:), I appreciate it!

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand so nicely. This time it went very well for you, and your gut told you to make the call on the river. It's not an easy one, since sometimes a good player would check on turn with the nuts like he did to induce a raise from you, or to make room for a big raise on the river which would look like a bluff so you would call with a worse hand. I wouldn't always make this call in this exact situation, but you probably listened to your gut and good for you, you won a nice pot.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand so nicely. This time it went very well for you, and your gut told you to make the call on the river. It's not an easy one, since sometimes a good player would check on turn with the nuts like he did to induce a raise from you, or to make room for a big raise on the river which would look like a bluff so you would call with a worse hand. I wouldn't always make this call in this exact situation, but you probably listened to your gut and good for you, you won a nice pot.

Thanks for replying! Have a nice day

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
88 is most likely a defend here, if the opponent is 3-betting at close to the optimal frequenzy. Its not a situation, we are thrilled about, but at 50NL overfolding to 3-bets will likely become an issue, when your opponents pick up on it. Well played hand and nice result :)

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it well! Whole hand played standard. Only error was made by opponent on checking turn.