$50 max, Top Pair Top Kick, post river decision

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #9460040918: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/04/16 - 21:30:47 (ET)
Table 'Istria IV' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Urbax ($38.35 in chips)
Seat 2: CLSHERM ($46.75 in chips)
Seat 3: clifflonglll ($8.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Leibs22313 ($17.75 in chips)
Seat 5: neer69 ($48.50 in chips)
Seat 6: PLF_DBA_MAN ($49.20 in chips)
Seat 7: hott_estelle ($79.85 in chips)
Seat 8: gunnut37 ($28.65 in chips)
Seat 9: DarkAce77 ($44.25 in chips)
DarkAce77: posts small blind $0.25
Urbax: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hott_estelle [Ad Qc]
CLSHERM: calls $0.50
clifflonglll: folds
Leibs22313: folds
neer69: folds
PLF_DBA_MAN: raises $1.50 to $2
hott_estelle: calls $2
gunnut37: folds
DarkAce77: folds
Urbax: calls $1.50
CLSHERM: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [Qd 3s 8d]
Urbax: checks
CLSHERM: checks
PLF_DBA_MAN: bets $4
hott_estelle: calls $4
Urbax: folds
CLSHERM said, "grrrrrr"
hott_estelle said, "fun hand here"
CLSHERM: folds
*** TURN *** [Qd 3s 8d] [Jc]
PLF_DBA_MAN: bets $10.50
hott_estelle: calls $10.50
*** RIVER *** [Qd 3s 8d Jc] [6s]
hott_estelle said, "33s?"
hott_estelle said, "already"
PLF_DBA_MAN: bets $18.50
hott_estelle said, "or 88s?"
hott_estelle: calls ???

I don't think he has 3s. Can we put him on trip 8s or even trip Js here? 910 suited seems very unlikely. So, tough call, easy fold? Reraise all-in (and please explain if that's what you pick)? I'll explain what I did and post results after for those of you that aren't familiar with HA threads, and always ask what happened right after you post in one.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely don't want to shove (it's a bluff if you do).

Do you think he plays the hand like this with anything you beat? By calling you're hoping he was bluffing the whole way with AK, or maybe splitting with another AQ. I don't think he plays this river like this though with AQ or KQ, so I'd put him on something stronger. I can't really see him bluffing here.

I'd probably just fold it.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt sign a waiver to release this hand history, my lawyers will be contacting you.:deal:

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, Looking at his line, He's holding something like QQ-AA. Even if he's on JJ, he just sucked out on the river. Reraising all in is a bad idea, unless he's holding AJ or AK, judging from his preflop raise, that's the only reasonable hands you beat.

QQ is unlikely, since you have one queen and there's another on the flop. AA!! Fold fold fold.

I would have raised on the flop and fold to a big reraise. It's less expensive than calling on the river, only to find out you were way behind all along the streets.

Any reads on Lo-Dog? :D

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would re-raise on the flop. Granted, you have TPBK but there are two diamonds on the board. The turn bet shows it isn't a flush draw. I'm guessing KK or JJ. I would fold. It it's a bluff than it was well played.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok Estelle seems to have forgot about this thread so I am taking over.:eek:

Estelle calls I show AJ :eek:

I told her nice call after but I don't think it was, especially if you know the way I play at all. I don't bluff a lot and 9/10 times, the way I am betting I have better than top pair.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice gusto firing to the river. they say TAGs cannot be bluffed enough [and i agree]

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok Estelle seems to have forgot about this thread so I am taking over.:eek:

Estelle calls I show AJ :eek:

I told her nice call after but I don't think it was, especially if you know the way I play at all. I don't bluff a lot and 9/10 times, the way I am betting I have better than top pair.

PokerStars Game #9460040918: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/04/16 - 21:30:47 (ET)
Table 'Istria IV' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Urbax ($38.35 in chips)
Seat 2: CLSHERM ($46.75 in chips)
Seat 3: clifflonglll ($8.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Leibs22313 ($17.75 in chips)
Seat 5: neer69 ($48.50 in chips)
Seat 6: PLF_DBA_MAN ($49.20 in chips)
Seat 7: hott_estelle ($79.85 in chips)
Seat 8: gunnut37 ($28.65 in chips)
Seat 9: DarkAce77 ($44.25 in chips)
DarkAce77: posts small blind $0.25
Urbax: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hott_estelle [Ad Qc]
CLSHERM: calls $0.50
clifflonglll: folds
Leibs22313: folds
neer69: folds
PLF_DBA_MAN: raises $1.50 to $2
hott_estelle: calls $2
gunnut37: folds
DarkAce77: folds
Urbax: calls $1.50
CLSHERM: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [Qd 3s 8d]
Urbax: checks
CLSHERM: checks
PLF_DBA_MAN: bets $4
hott_estelle: calls $4
Urbax: folds
CLSHERM said, "grrrrrr"
hott_estelle said, "fun hand here"
CLSHERM: folds
*** TURN *** [Qd 3s 8d] [Jc]
PLF_DBA_MAN: bets $10.50
hott_estelle: calls $10.50
*** RIVER *** [Qd 3s 8d Jc] [6s]
hott_estelle said, "33s?"
hott_estelle said, "already"
PLF_DBA_MAN: bets $18.50
hott_estelle said, "or 88s?"
hott_estelle: calls $18.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PLF_DBA_MAN: shows [Jh Ac] (a pair of Jacks)
hott_estelle: shows [Ad Qc] (a pair of Queens)
hott_estelle collected $71.25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $74.25 | Rake $3
Board [Qd 3s 8d Jc 6s]
Seat 1: Urbax (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: CLSHERM folded on the Flop
Seat 3: clifflonglll folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Leibs22313 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: neer69 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: PLF_DBA_MAN showed [Jh Ac] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 7: hott_estelle showed [Ad Qc] and won ($71.25) with a pair of Queens
Seat 8: gunnut37 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: DarkAce77 (small blind) folded before Flop

Well, first off, I havn't played with you too much, so I didn't exactly know your style. I was just going off the reads I made at the table at the time. Secondly, I had put you on AK, AQ, AJ type of hand there on the flop, and more towards AK with a diamond draw type of hand. It seemed to me it was purely a C-bet into me on the flop. On the turn the only thing that worried me was the possibly JJ or even 33 on the flop, however, I just went with my instinct and kept you more so along the lines of AK, AQ, or AJ. When you fired again on the river, definitely sent up red flags, but from what I had put you on, that river card definitely couldn't have helped you in any way, shape, or form, and with the size of the pot, I had to go with my read and my instincts and call.

If I had really believed you had a set, I think I would have gotten away from this.

Maybe if I had played with you before and known how tight a player you are (or you claim to be), then I would have folded with a bit more ease. But at the time, call seemed like the right move there.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lo-Dog said:
Or so you would have us believe...;)

The only question I have is, why didn't you raise the flop bet? With two diamonds on the board, and Urbax and Shermie still left to act, a call only gives them the right odds to chase.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, first off, I havn't played with you too much, so I didn't exactly know your style. I was just going off the reads I made at the table at the time. Secondly, I had put you on AK, AQ, AJ type of hand there on the flop, and more towards AK with a diamond draw type of hand. It seemed to me it was purely a C-bet into me on the flop. On the turn the only thing that worried me was the possibly JJ or even 33 on the flop, however, I just went with my instinct and kept you more so along the lines of AK, AQ, or AJ. When you fired again on the river, definitely sent up red flags, but from what I had put you on, that river card definitely couldn't have helped you in any way, shape, or form, and with the size of the pot, I had to go with my read and my instincts and call.

If I had really believed you had a set, I think I would have gotten away from this.

Maybe if I had played with you before and known how tight a player you are (or you claim to be), then I would have folded with a bit more ease. But at the time, call seemed like the right move there.

Thats a pretty small range to have me on, but hey you took my money so maybe you did something right. :D

You seem to a good player and I figured I could scare you off top pair, I was wrong, this time. :)