$50 Max: QQ Preflop to a raise and reraise

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I've missed this thread, interesting hand.

One note which I think needs to be made is that when you know nothing about a player, you should be making the assumption that he is an 'average' player for the level you're playing at. It is far too dangerous to assume someone is an unusually strong or weak player and act accordingly when you have no evidence to support this.

Hence, I don't think we can (or perhaps 'should') automatically assume AJ is really in villain's range here. The average 50NL player is not good, but is also not a donk - the average 50NL player is probably hovering around the weak-average borderline. The average 50NL player does not make a small reraise with AJ which looks like it is designed for inducing action when there's an EP raise and a call in front of him. TT is more debatable.

This hand is pretty much a perfect example of why it's best to watch a table, even if only for 5 minutes, before sitting down. Even a small inkling of a read could be enough to push us into making either a good fold or a good call here.

I've purposefully not said what I'd do in the example presented because it's so close in my opinion, it's not actually an 'important' decision.