$5 PLO 6-max: Iso or limp behind

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
loose player (65/5) limps UTG. Folds to us on the button. We have 88Q9 with one suit. What is our play? SB is a 75 % vpip whale, BB is a reg playing 30% of hands. Both blinds three bet around 5% of the time.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stack sizes might be helpful :)

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At what stack sizes would this be a limp behind and at what stack sizes would this be an iso raise?

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming that sizes are equal. Isolating the limper is first priority, so you must raise. Limping and bringing along SB and BB is never going to be a +EV play. Your essentially throwing a blind away and your position, even if you hit your set too many things can happen especially when there are 3 others acting before you. You're most likely going to be outdrawn on flop. Protect your hand and position pre flop. Flop comes and no set essentially give up on turn if you don't hit. If SB and UTG are passive take control of pot. Give up on any re raise on turn.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping and bringing along SB and BB is never going to be a +EV play

I disagree; calling with our hand in this scenario is clearly profitable. We have an above average strength hand against what is essentially three random hands. The only question is whether or not a raise is more profitable.

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think limping will significantly decrease the value of your hand. You're bringing on more risk with less reward, so I would raise. You have blockers to play with by limping, however I'm not comfortable limping in this spot with a above average hand as you mentioned. JJQ9 would be a trap hand and therefore I would limp. I don't like utg limping while Im on the button and I don't want a whale seeing a cheap flop. If you are comfortable with limping and the stack size is there I would let the hand play itself.