$5 PLO 6-max: Barrel on Turn - PLO 5

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey CC community :)

We are looking at a Zoom game hand - Can I get some input on this hand please. I put in a re raise pre flop here and yeah just looking for some overall "coaching" on this hand please and thanks!!!

Good luck!

PokerStars Zoom Hand #191111171156: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2018/09/15 23:11:32 MT [2018/09/16 1:11:32 ET]
Table 'Lynx' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: ($5.81 in chips)
Seat 2: ($3.69 in chips)
Seat 3: ($10.34 in chips)
Seat 4: ($4.85 in chips)
Seat 5: ($5.74 in chips)
Seat 6: ($2.24 in chips)
Seat 2 : posts small blind $0.02
Seat 3: posts big blind $0.05
Preflop: (Pot: $0.07)
BB's cards:

9c.png
7h.png
8c.png
Td.png

UTG folds
UTG+1 folds
CO calls ($.05)
BTN raises to ($.20)
SB folds
BB raises to ($.40)

CO folds
BTN calls ($.20)

Flop: (Pot:$.87)
6h.png
3c.png
5s.png

BB bets ($.84)

BTN calls ($.84)

Turn: (Pot: $2.55)
6h.png
3c.png
5s.png
Qd.png

BB bets ($1.11)

BTN folds
BB returns ($1.11)

BB wins the pot of ($2.45 )

Last edited:
TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am fine with raising this pre, we are going to have decent flop action usually.

Fine with betting the flop, fine with a turn barrel. unfourtanlty, we have a 9 in our hand so we have fewer outs, but we probably still have decent fold equity. (A lot of that is going to depend on how often you have been raising trash out of the BB. If you have been 3-betting anything double-suited/ small pairs like Th 5h 7s 4s or Qs Jh 5h 5d. it is an easy fold for him with anything < set, decent straight draw.)

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certain players will play with aggressiveness his hands com TT+, AT+ and some cards in sequence, some players will play your AA like if are the nuts.

You have 14 outs on the turn to a straight, and you can't will lose if come one of these outs, the villain bet 1,11 on a pot of 2,55, know the pot are 3,66. I don't know exactly how calculate pot odds on Holden, neither in omaha, but I think there are 30% to you put on the pot, and your chances are of 24%, I think if yours outs come on the river you can shove and the villain will call.

I believe that the call here are not so bad, and you has a lot of chances of doubling your stack against this villain.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This board is suitable for your range, so your barreling was fine.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I really get the small 3bet pre. Seems like we are sort of just bloating the pot with no fold equity at this size, and while this hand performs OKAY, having no fold equity from OOP with a rundown hand just feels like raising for the sake of raising. If it was double suited and/or a bit higher, I'd be all for it.

I think I'm generally okay with this line postflop as played. As TenJack mentions, it's largely dependent on what your 3betting range looks like, and none of us really have any clue about that for you.

But that being said, we'll just have way more strong hands across the board, particularly when the Q comes on the turn, than the villain. So yeah I think I like it.