VILLAIN calls [$2.15]

** Dealing flop ** [ 3s, 8c, 4d ]

** Dealing turn ** [ 7d ]

** Dealing river ** [ 6c ]

** Summary **

VILLAIN shows [ Kh, Kc ]

HERO shows [ Qc, Qd ]

VILLAIN collected [ $7.32 ]

Villain was 56/33 (although only 9 hands)...he hadn't 3bet up to this point. An issue is that I've been playing tight and want to add more aggressiveness to my game. I felt that with my current tight table image, the rejam would show strength.

When villain reraises in that spot, is it always KK or AA? With his loose play so far, I put him on TT+, AK, and possibly AQs. Equilab gives me 53% equity on that. Should I have flatted the 4b and reevaluate the flop, or did I go overboard with the aggro in that spot?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the 4bet size is a bit small but cannot really tell if he has KK+ only. If villain jams over the top, more likely to be QQ/JJ and AK in my experience.

I would like calling the 4bet IP and you don't have much fold equity given villain committed 40% stack here.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4-bet sizing is small, but its hard to read that with Villain's short stack. Given effective stack sizes, I am fine with jamming into the 4-bet.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its really difficult for me to get away from QQ preflop in a 7-handed game against someone, who did not start with a full stack and seem to be giving a lot of action. Sure there are people, who love to limp-reraise with aces, but you also see "fun" players regularly spass out and do it with pocket 5´s or J9 off, because they want you to think, they have aces.

So the only thing, you really need to ask yourself, is if he get away from QQ, when the shoe is on the other foot, and you have the KK. And I think, you know the answer already. Especially a recreational player is never getting away from QQ here. So in the long run this situation is going to be a wash, and he just happened to be on the good side of the cooler this time.