$5 NLHE Full Ring: NL5 Folded My St Draw To Pot Size Bet

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought I would seek some advice on this open-ended st draw I played today.

Poker Stars - $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em (8 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB Hero: $5.61
BB: $13.32
UTG: $3.04
MP: $5.71
MP+1: $5.18
MP+2: $1.66
CO: $14.03
BTN: $1.94
Pre-flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB and dealt :5h4: :3h4:
UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks
Flop: ($0.15) :9d4: :4d4: :6c4: (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $0.15, Hero folds, BB calls $0.15
Turn: ($0.45) :9d4: :4d4: :6c4: :7c4: (2 players)
BB checks, MP bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10
River: ($0.65) :9d4: :4d4: :6c4: :7c4: :as4: (2 players)
BB checks, MP bets $0.25, BB folds, MP returned $0.25

Obviously not getting the pot odds to call; We were all deep stacked, do you guys think I was getting enough implied odds to draw?

Only the non-diamond 2 would give me the "nuts". I had mostly partial outs to draw on.

One more question
Based on pot odds alone, what is the biggest size bet I could consider calling with a st draw?

A 1/2 pot bet gives me 3-1, is this technically enough to draw to an open ended st?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre, as played, bet flop. as played, fold flop.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not folding the flop when villain has that much money behind. I am also not checking it either. If you're completing in the small blind with hands like these, and then check/calling (or worse, check/folding) boards you hit like this, you're spewing dollas.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baudib is right. Btw you're not deep

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, same guy. And the funny part is that he thinks he's good.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand. Why would you play this hand if you are going to fold one of the few good flops for you?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think this person is good? Lizabuv will challenge you to a HU match so watch out

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some agreement

I am not folding the flop when villain has that much money behind. I am also not checking it either. If you're completing in the small blind with hands like these, and then check/calling (or worse, check/folding) boards you hit like this, you're spewing dollas.

I would definetly complete my SB under the circumstances, risking 3c to win 12c (BB + Limper + My SB). 53s is kind of hit or mostly miss, so can't get into to much trouble and am getting 4 to 1 by completing my SB.

The flop obviously not a usual play on my part. I was planning to semibluff but talked myself out of it by considering the 2 flush and my st draw not being to the nuts. A semi bluff would be the way to go, I totally aggree with that.

Not calling a pot size bet definetly a mistake here to as there was so much play yet in our stacks that the pot size bet was fairly insignificant.

Maybe I should have check raised all in on the flop, darn, can't be missing on these kinds of obvious bluffing oppourtunities. (kidding, kind of)

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definetly complete my SB under the circumstances, risking 3c to win 12c (BB + Limper + My SB). 53s is kind of hit or mostly miss, so can't get into to much trouble and am getting 4 to 1 by completing my SB.

WAT

This is no-limit hold'em. You can lose your stack on any hand.

the quickest way to do this is by chasing draws out of position with sh1tty hands.

if you think 4-1 is good enough to complete with utter trash you need a refresher session with your HEM.

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trash

Not sure if 53s qualifies as trash. Sklansky even mentions it in the preflop section of his book NL Theory and Practice. Anyway folding getting 4 to 1 not on the menu for today with a hand that can flop well. These hit or miss hands are a perfect hand to play OOP.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These hands hit or miss. Is there any better way to hit than the hand you posted? If you need to flop a straight flush draw to consider it 'hittitng' then you are not getting the odds to draw at 4 to 1.

:Facepalm:

I don't even know why I am saying that. Fold this shit pre!! Your 4-1 odds are rubbish because we are out of position, we are hardly getting any implied odds as everyone else has the same sort of rubbish as you as they all limped in. And most suited connectors generally play like shit when oop, just like small pairs.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if 53s qualifies as trash. Sklansky even mentions it in the preflop section of his book NL Theory and Practice. Anyway folding getting 4 to 1 not on the menu for today with a hand that can flop well. These hit or miss hands are a perfect hand to play OOP.

These hands are NOT hit or miss. Suited connectors hit tons of boards in small ways, which is why they're good to play with initiative and position.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fold pre. Since it was played, take the initiative and bet the pot on the flop, if reraised, fold. If called, bet again on your turned straight, take money.

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet The Flop

Here is a similiar situation, back in the SB. This time I hammered on it right away and took it down.

Poker Stars - $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em (8 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com
SB Hero: $5.14
BB: $3.93
UTG: $19.97
MP: $2.96
MP+1: $12.17
MP+2: $3.66
CO: $5.60
BTN: $2.41
Fester-6767 - Sitting Out
Pre-flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB and dealt :2c4: :4c4:
3 folds, MP+2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks
Flop: ($0.15) :4d4: :kc4: :6c4: (3 players)
Hero bets $0.15, 2 folds, Hero returned $0.15

Some fairly elite CC Members have been chatting on my play so I am wondering if these loose calls from the SB are causing me to lose some money. However, my stats at bodog do indicate I am doing some things right. At NL5 FR am currently 25.24 BB/100 hands based of 3200+ hands.

I can beat smaller stakes but perhaps if I look at a few areas, I can move up to bigger games.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25.24 BB/100? u have to be on a heater. 3200 hands is really nothing imo. Im curious is there any way u can post some stats?

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerTableRatings

PokerTableRatings.Com pretty much has stats on everybody

- Check LizaBuv, Bodog
- Also had a 6th place finish in the Bodog 5 seat added, 31st Jan I think
On the bubble, but that is a fairly tough touney
- Looking foward to getting on the FT freeroll circuit

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker Table Ratings is inaccurate.. it has me listed at just over 1K hands at 10nl, when I have racked up over 15K hands at 10nl in the past week, and it shows me on the losing side when I'm not.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same here. pokertableratings is completely wrong on my stats. it says something like only 300 hands 1yr ago when ive played around 40k hands the past two months

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker-edge.com

What about poker-edge, is it accurate? Anyone know a good place for tracing an opponent?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that lisa has won at that rate over that sample of hands at 5NL. Bodog is crazy soft, and if you don't drool on yourself and run well, you can run at 18bb/100 for a while.

Doesn't mean Lisabuv doesn't have a shit-ton of obvious leaks though.

Lisa, there's something you need to understand. In poker, results don't matter. The fact that you've won some money does not make you a good player. Its the thought process and winning strategy that make you a good player. The money will come in the long run. A lot of these people aren't saying that you don't win money. They're saying you're making a lot of plays which aren't sound strategy.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about poker-edge, is it accurate? Anyone know a good place for tracing an opponent?

not with me it's not even close. Says ive played 600 hands when ive played 40k+. It says im -4$ at when im +80$

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
break down your earnings by position.

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem Indicator

I run Holdem Indicator, I don't think I have that function to break down profit by position. Have not checked into it to far yet as not much time but will take a closer look at that sometime. I could see that being very useful, seeing what cards are costing me money in what position etc. I think I would have to have PokerTracker3 for that though or maybe holdem indicator does that as well.

Folding in Poker