$5 NLHE Full Ring: Figuring implied odds on nut straight draw

B

Brave_n_Crazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The villain here was being fairly tight and very passive (about 17/0/20). The bet on the turn was not EV+ based solely on chips in play, but it seemed a good one to ask about implied odds with.

I was almost certain villain would not be bluff-betting or betting a four-flush here, based on past hands I had seen. I put him on two pair. If I hit the river, I would have the nut straight, and could reasonably expect to get one more bet (possibly even a half pot bet if a third player stayed in also and one of the two remaining to act was very fishy).

Is this the process used to determine implied odds when making a call/fold decision?

Bodog - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $6.03
SB: $4.85
Hero (BB): $5.15
UTG: $2.15
UTG+1: $8.59
MP: $1.56
MP+1: $4.95
LP: $4.86
CO: $7.53

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 4 5

UTG calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) 7 3 A
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.30, 6 players) 3
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.10, fold, fold, Hero ?

One more bet makes this an EV+ play (I calculated the actual pot would need to be .48 to make it EV+). Discounting the diamonds means the pot would need to be .68

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Bet the flop.

2) Yes, your idea of how to figure out your implied odds is correct.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet Flop, you want to put pressure on your opponent and bag yourself some fold equity whilst building a big pot for when you hit.

On the turn I'd raise. He checked with one player behind multiway. Its unlikely he holds a fullhouse, that and there's hardly any combos.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator