$5 NLHE Full Ring: Calling 3 streets light against maniac

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 64/7/2

stats over 100 hands. Preflop he is passive but postflop he has bet 3 streets with air, draws, bottom pair, underpair etc. I can really never give him credit. My question is should I call on the chance I am good or wait for a better spot. He doesn't fold much, I don't see any point in raising as it would just be putting my stack in...

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($3.68)
SB ($9.63)
BB ($12.50)
UTG ($5.36)
MP1 ($5)
MP2 ($3.42)
Hero (CO) ($17.94)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q
heart.gif
, Q
club.gif

UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, MP2 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.32) A
club.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP2 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($2.22) K
club.gif
(2 players)
MP2 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

River: ($2.92) 6
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP2 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

Total pot: $4.02 | Rake: $0.19

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually... that hand looks pretty dangerous even for that kind of player.

If you follow my journal you'll notice that I've mentioned how profitable these players are. I don't raise I just keep c/c if I have a hand. Obviously we won't win everytime... but if you keep playing tight, you'll win when you hit, you will win when none of you hits. That's 2/3 of the hands!

Don't take his initiative and keep under representing your hand. One thing I like to do if I have the opportunity is when he is used to our passive line, shove a monster you flopped. More than likely he'll think you are bluffing. He will also think you are bluffing if you make a small raise or a smallish bet. Do it with monsters, he will shove his 72o.

Yeah... I love these guys... really do!

jinglebomb

jinglebomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a better spot, it would be diffrent if he were check-calling, so hes prob got you this time. Even more so when is AG is 2 and he is leading out

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget bet sizes, no way I am folding the flop. Turn is horrible but such a small bet I'm getting like 6:1 or something then getting good odds on the river. I know there are two overs and straights but I have seen him betting three streets with worse...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, these small bets are not bluffs. They're more value hands worried you're going to go away.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you played it terribly, im definitley calling the flop bet due to the size and probably the same on the turn as theres plenty of draws and weaker pairs he could of been betting with which is not uncommon with small donk bets, however usually when these guys continue aggression its a top pair type hand, however ive seen many people betting 2 streets like this with third or second pair, the thing thats odd is how he bets smaller on the turn than the flop, this is like so so often a bad hand or draw or just nothing... but the river bet you can kind of tell he wants a call.

Dont know if i could fold here, sometimes id do either, but either way - we make money in poker by playing the same situations as our opponents but better, im sure he's missed lots of value here and you would of played it better :)

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for your replies. He showed J10 which didn't surprise me much. I think it is only very a very special kind of villain that you can call three streets here lol

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks fine but I'm 3betting atleast .80 preflop