$5 NLHE Full Ring: Call or fold?

U

upokerplayerk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so i basically busted playing out of my roll and am trying to rebuild, im playing rush $5 games. It's my second full day of playing these, i make a buy in, decide to bank it, sit down again, i get QhQs on the bb, 3xbb raise from one before the cut off, i dont have poker tracker up (playing other tournament and i cant read it with small table) and have no notes. I opt to 3bet little better than double, call. Flop comes 10h / 6h / 9d, i bet out little over half the pot, try and make it look like a standard cbet, i could have A-K etc i get raised, over doubles my bet. I pause and think, then call, turn comes Js, theres now $2.26 in the pot and i have $3.80 behind. I feel like theres a decent chance im behind but now im open ended to go with my over pair. I decide to go with the hand and bet out, i bet out $1.50, get instant shoved for the $2.30 i have left - whoops. Obviously i should have checked the turn.

At this point though, with the pot being $9.36 with $2.30 behind, should i call even though it seems obvious im behind? what are the hands my opponent can have? if i should call, or fold, whats the reasoning behind it?

Thanks,

Paul

K

KidVicious

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like flop bet. It looks weak and you get the raise you wanted. Mos def we're jamming over villain here and making him pay to draw which is most likely what he has. He prob doesn't just flat your 3 with AA/KK at 5nl, so we can drop those hands from his range. I'm thinking he's open ended on the flop with FD or suited broadways. If he has a set oh well. The prob with just flatting his raise is now you're playing defense OOP on the turn and even more confused as to where you're at in the hand. If your going to stack off the turn you might as well have jammed the flop.

U

upokerplayerk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well yeh i was confused as to where i was at, the whole hand actually. When i get instant smooth called pre flop, i put him on jacks, tens, A-Ks, A-K, i think hes pretty strong but not massively. So when i get re-raised on the flop, even though it was what i was after as im only losing to one of the four hands im thinking of, im still not too comfortable as i feel it's very possible im up against a set of 10's, thats why i didnt stick it in. Then when a jack hits the turn that covered two of the hands i was thinking of pre flop. It was 50/50 with outs in my head. When i get re-raised on the turn i was thinking it's very possible he has aces. I think the main reason i thought that was because it seemed like he didnt want me in the hand e.g was trying to get me off a draw on the flop. An i figured he cant have kings as he would surely have 4bet me on the flop being ready to fold to a shove. Just seemed like he thought i was drawing and wanted me off it, which was why i called as i felt like i was priced in? He could still have a big draw himself with a-ks and think im weak with my flop bet so has a lot of fold equity, but that didnt make sense to me. I didnt feel like i have to be behind, but i was pretty certain he had A-A,10,10, or J-J. Anyway i made the call, he had A-A and i hit the river.

Folding in Poker