H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everest, $0.03/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $6.79 (135.8 bb)
MP3: $4.05 (81 bb)
CO: $8.39 (167.8 bb)
BTN: $4.97 (99.4 bb)
SB: $4.90 (98 bb)
BB: $1.78 (35.6 bb)
UTG+2: $4.52 (90.4 bb)
Hero (MP1): $7.44 (148.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Ad Ac
UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.28, 2 folds, CO calls $0.28, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.64) 2d Tc Jd (2 players)
Hero bets $0.64, CO calls $0.64

Turn: ($1.92) Kc (2 players)
Hero bets $1.46, CO calls $1.46

I know I made a big mistake on this hand. How is it to the turn?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine as long as you shoved the river.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What mistake do you think you made?

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My big mistake came at the river. I bet pot, he donked all in and I called (stupid!) he had set 10s. I need to give myself 10 seconds to think every time I am reraised/bet too. I've decided not to make a decision until my timer is in at least amber and think it over.

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not folding aces here...not sure if thats wrong but I wouldn't be able to fold them

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My big mistake came at the river. I bet pot, he donked all in and I called (stupid!) he had set 10s. I need to give myself 10 seconds to think every time I am reraised/bet too. I've decided not to make a decision until my timer is in at least amber and think it over.

Post the rest of the hand? Also he didn't donk all-in because you bet and he raised.

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll post the rest of the hand when I'm home from work. I thought a donk bet was to bet against the aggressor? Maybe my interpretation is competely off.
I lost $7.44 in this hand I know this is completely irrelevant but that's my biggest loss yet :(

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of - a donk bet is when you bet into a preflop raiser rather than checking to them to let them bet. DW about the $7, it was just a cooler and in the future it won't be a big drop on your graph.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A PSB on the river should have put you basically all-in.
.28 + .64 + 1.46 + 4.84 (pot size on river) = $7.22.

Folding for the extra 22 cents would have been horrible.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, I see nothing wrong. Only thing would be reads on villain, if his call on the flop should make you suspicious, i.e. he is not at all a calling station, and only calls when trapping, but at these stakes, this is almost certainly over thinking, and I am probably getting it in here like you did. Only thing I would have done different would be shove the river instead of potting, but it is almost irrelevant.

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A PSB on the river should have put you basically all-in.
.28 + .64 + 1.46 + 4.84 (pot size on river) = $7.22.

Folding for the extra 22 cents would have been horrible.
Maybe I didn't pot of the river (can't remember 100% Ill check when home). I was doing a value bet but didn't fold on the raise. :mad:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really unless you bet really small folding to a river raise would likely be wrong.

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ego at the door for this error I think.

River: ($4.84) 4s (2 players)
Hero bets $2.12, CO raises to $6.01 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.94

Results: $14.96 pot ($0.98 rake)
Final Board: 2d Tc Jd Kc 4s
CO showed Ts Td and won $13.98 ($6.54 net)
Hero showed Ad Ac and lost (-$7.44 net)

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah river is a definite shove

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you explain why? (This is a bit odd since I am asking you to explain why I should do what I did). I don't think he is shoving here with just TP (in hindsight).

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only got to be right 20% of the time that he has a K? or a single 10? Is that why?

B

bounce 2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you explain why? (This is a bit odd since I am asking you to explain why I should do what I did). I don't think he is shoving here with just TP (in hindsight).

Just my thought here. Without any reads on the villain its hard for me to say he wouldn't push all in with top pair. It is definitely a possibility at these stakes. I think the biggest reason to call is you have to put in $2.95 to win a pot over $12.00. You are getting pot odds of 4:1.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really hard to say anything about the hand without some stats. There are definitely player types (especially at this limit) against whom I will not be playing a 300bb pot here.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely a shove because the chances are he is a fish who makes too many calling mistakes, and would happily call with top pair kings here.

The fact you ran into trips doesnt change anything, if anything, the way this guy played trips makes him much more likely to be a fish.

If this guy was maybe a really nitty player/reg only calling you here with the likes of PP's and some high broadways i'd still be betting three streets for value because people 'always' raise sets especially on wet-ish boards with lots of draws on then. So basically, if theyre not raising here, you're good to value bet toppest pair all day long.

Against fish where you can get value off lots of Kx types and probably worse hands, bet big for value - i see lots of you guys putting weak half pot bets out, when there is clear room to value bet, stop being scared and value bet big.

Perhaps if we had something like JQ here we could justify value betting like a half pot bet on the river or something, where we can clearly get called by worse, but where villain will more likely call with worse when we bet half pot as opposed to a pot bet which may make him fold some of his worse stuff and only call with better. Still it all depends on villain, just think about what you're trying to get to call you when you make your value bets.

If in doubt bet pot until raised probably wouldn't be a bad approach :)