$5 NLHE 6-max: What should I have done differently?

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bear with me because I’ve never done this before and I have to do it longhand. Effective stacks are not given on my site.

UTG-fold
+1-fold
Hero-raise to .17 with QQ
Button-fold
SB-raise to .54 with AKo
BB-folds
Hero reraises all-in for 4.69
SB calls
Flop-JJ5
Turn-J
River-A

J

J_Slice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bear with me because I’ve never done this before and I have to do it longhand. Effective stacks are not given on my site.

UTG-fold
+1-fold
Hero-raise to .17 with QQ
Button-fold
SB-raise to .54 with AKo
BB-folds
Hero reraises all-in for 4.69
SB calls
Flop-JJ5
Turn-J
River-A

Effective stacks would be the largest amount able to be called. You had 4.69 at the start yeah? So that would be effective stacks here. If villain had 1 dollar however that would be effective stacks. The site shows each players total amount of chips on the table I would imagine? Which site do you play?

Hand seems pretty standard to me i feel like a typical 5nl villain will get it in with JJ+ and AQ+ and likely much worse. I know im flipping a lot like what happened there and with reads that villain plays tighter I may flat the 3 bet and play post flop.

Tough river.

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the GTO pre-flop strategy, in this SPOT, about 50% of 4-bet 24-25bb and 50% of 4-bet allin.
Your decision looks good, you just lost a flip.
NH.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, consider making a small 4-bet rather than jam, but other than that just an unlucky runout.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yay, a hand. At 5NL CO vs SB for stacks near 100bb, I am 4betting QQ every time. I might just go to $1.20-$1.80 (depending on how fishy the opponent has been), instead of just shoving.

As people have said, this is standard. Also, try not to reveal players' hands or results. You should have stopped this at or after your last decision (without saying your opponent had AK). You'll get better help and responses if you don't tell us about information that you don't have when you make the decisions. Also, don't give away the results in the title, e.g. "What should I have done differently?"

Now, to improve your results from posting hands, there are some tips. These are similar to the tips that are pinned in a thread at the top of this forum. This hand would be better as:

$5NL - Bovada - 6 handed "QQ in the CO facing a SB 3-bet, What's the best action?"

UTG: $5.00
MP: $5.00
Hero (CO): $4.69
BTN: $5.00
SB: $5.00
BB: $5.00

Hero is dealt QQ

Pre-Flop: ($0.07)
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.54, 1 fold, Hero ?

What's the best play here? Should I just call? Should I raise and how much should I raise if I do?"
You should also have suits and stacks for every player. You can view the hands in the replayer and this information is there. This is an advantage that online players have compared to live players. You can see every stack and view all the suits online, you either have to remember them or do your best to recreate them (when they matter) live.

Last edited: