Vini_lepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 39/19/12

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $5.81 (VPIP: 38.71, PFR: 19.35, 3Bet Preflop: 18.75, hands: 31)
Hero (BB): $5.00
UTG: $7.74 (VPIP: 24.44, PFR: 15.56, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)
CO: $5.38 (VPIP: 31.25, PFR: 21.88, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 64)
BTN: $5.10 (VPIP: 19.98, PFR: 16.98, 3Bet Preflop: 7.04, Hands: 1,337)

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has T:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, SB calls $0.43

Flop: ($1.22, 2 players) 6:spade: K:heart: 8:heart:
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.22, 2 players) A:club:
SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.02, SB raises to $3.44, Hero raises to $4.45 and is all-in, SB calls $1.01

River: ($10.12, 2 players) 7:club:

A couple hands before this guy raised a river bet having AJs on a 23KJ9 board, he lost to a nit that had KQo.
After that, he started to go all in preflop (3$ stack) every hand and I called him with AT, he had A7 and won hitting a 7 on the flop.
Then, he started to play a little more passively, but still in the aggro side.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. IMO if you think he's still just acting crazy then getting it in against him with top pair is probably way good. If you think he's switched gears and is acting rationally then if it's me I'm probably just calling turn and then re-evaluating on the river (calling again if bet sizing is similar).

He knows you probably have something fairly strong due to the pre-flop action so a variety of Ace combos are definitely in your range. His initial turn bet sizing is kind of value bet sized not a push you off your hand type size so at least taken at face value he's OK with you calling. I wouldn't fold to a 1/2 pot bet, but probably wouldn't push the action either in this situation.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think checking flop was a mistake

T

teambuilder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to cbet most boards after you 3bet. Otherwise you are giving him too much information about your hand and it makes it hard to read his range.

As played on turn, I don't think I stack here. Click back/fold maybe.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me whether you cbet flop is dependant on how much of a station he is. I don't see any point betting if he's taking 2nd pair to the end, just wait until you connect and value bet him hard, we don't bluff against calling stations and a cbet is effectively a semi bluff here.
If he's crazy then fine put him all in on the turn but you only have top pair medium kicker so you are going to have to accept that you are going to be beaten here sometimes and I suspect by his reraise that you were.
It might be more prudent to have just called the turn and to get more information from his river sizing. I can't stress enough just how revealing river sizing can be, so when you are in position with a medium holding I usually want to see what they do first...use your positional advantage.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like raising the turn. If he has you beat, you are putting more money than you should. If he doesn't have you beat, why not just let him bluff on the river. As played you can fold once you raise especially with that raise amount. If you had raised smaller, I think you can fold to his re raise.

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like just calling pre. You're in an awful spot if you get 4-bet and you wanna take this hand to a flop. It's generally a very good check-calling hand on many flops.

Flop you can go either way I guess. If he'll station you to the end (which seems likely the way he'd been playing) checking is fine. You can continue on spades, aces and tens, which is definitely enough to check it back here.

Generally I would call turn unless you knew villain was gonna get it in with worse. Top pair ten kicker just seems too weak to value raise here. It's a good bluff catching hand though.

B

BPEPFPDP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand not so strong, but looking to aggro style of op u probably have better A kicker he's playing some any Ax trash, flop check bad mb, but he also check, fine generaly, so all action was on turn, op crazy he can played awkward 68 too/

Vini_lepoker

Vini_lepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the inputs. Revisiting the hand now I think I don't hate what I did, he was very fish and he probably has any Ace and many Kings in his range. But, I also don't hate calling turn and playing poker in the river. Cbetting is questionable also, he's never letting any pair go.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me whether you cbet flop is dependant on how much of a station he is. I don't see any point betting if he's taking 2nd pair to the end, just wait until you connect and value bet him hard, we don't bluff against calling stations and a cbet is effectively a semi bluff here.
If he's crazy then fine put him all in on the turn but you only have top pair medium kicker so you are going to have to accept that you are going to be beaten here sometimes and I suspect by his reraise that you were.
It might be more prudent to have just called the turn and to get more information from his river sizing. I can't stress enough just how revealing river sizing can be, so when you are in position with a medium holding I usually want to see what they do first...use your positional advantage.

I agree with Figaro. Also i want to say like the preflop isolation squeeze.
Cbetting the flop isnt going to do you much good as he is taking something like 44 to showdown.
Turn i like just calling.
He could be on tilt but he is certainly a fish. If he is bluffing i want him to continue to do so on the riv and by raising him on the turn i might scare him off.
I would still be in a stack off mode on any river against this kind of player.
I just think you win more by calling and letting some bluffs bet on the river whether when you raise him and he 3 bets it kind of narrows down the bluffs he could have.
At best he is doing this with Kx or some pair plus FD.
Its good to have some thin value bets at these limits and i dont mind your raise but when he 3bets its just hard for you to have him beat.
There is also the odds factor. His min 3bet is awkward. It gives you a great price yet if he were to bluff here why doesnt he just get it all in.
You have to call 1.44$ to win 7.22$ so you are getting 5 to 1.
You only need 17% equity and if you think he is doing this with Kx and FDs you are good to go.