$5 NLHE 6-max: $ : Trips + Flush Draw vs Turn All-In

C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NLHE 6-max: $ : Trips + Flush Draw vs Turn All-In

Hi everyone, so recently I got into this hand and I have a lot of doubts with it. No stats on villain

I consider everything pretty standar until the turn. When Villain reraises actually the only hand I can think about is AJ. But with trips with second best kicker + flush draw can we fold? I¢¥m just beginning to think in ranges and blockers and all the theory but mostly out of the table, im still trying to slowly make it on the tables. So watching again the hand my analysis would be the following

There are 4 combos of AJ and 1 or 4 combos of QJ because QJs he is always calling the 3-Bet, with stats probably can add QJo but considering we don't have stats of each other I will get more inclined to just 1 combo, same for JT which I think only the suited one is calling. So If I don't get wrong the math we are 4:2 so we are winning 33% of the time

On the other side we have a flush draw and all the kings give us the nuts so I don't know how much more equity this gives us.

So I would like to know what would you do in this situation. And on the other side, without the flush draw, can we ever fold?

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker
UTG: $4.21 (84 bb)
MP: $6.01 (120 bb)
CO: $5.00 (100 bb)
BU: $9.46 (189 bb)
SB: $5.94 (119 bb)
BB (Hero): $5.07 (101 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with J¢¾ K¢¾
4 players fold, SB raises to $0.12, Hero 3-bets to $0.38, SB calls $0.26
Flop: ($0.76) 6¢¾ J¢À 5¢¾ (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, SB calls $0.37
Turn: ($1.50) J¢¼ (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB raises to $5.19 (all-in), Hero calls $3.42 (all-in)
River: ($10.14) T¢¾ (2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: $10.14 (Rake: $0.42)
Showdown:
SB shows A¢¾ J[emoji815] (three of a kind, Jacks)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 60%, Turn: 68%, River: 0%)
BB (Hero) shows J¢¾ K¢¾ (a flush, King high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 40%, Turn: 32%, River: 100%)
BB (Hero) wins $9.72

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The suits are not showing in your hand history, which makes it difficult to analyse. But with trips second kicker and a flushdraw, I am probably also calling off here. And luckily this time you got there :)

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're doing a great job of thinking in terms of ranges and pot odds.
Since you don't have any stats on the player we can't really figure out how wide their 3bet calling range is.
You can add 55 and 66 to their range but most of the players tend to slowplay those and not shove the turn when there's a flush draw on the board.
33% equity vs only their value range (AJ,QJs,JTs) is good enough.
You aren't taking into consideration their possible Ax flush draws, and suited connector semibluffs like 87 that could also jam turn, since the jack is a better card for the SB range.
After adding those holdings to their range, your hand is ahead in equity and vs an unknown which potentially semi-bluffs the turn, or calls your 3bet preflop as wide as J7s, calling the turn jam seems quite profitable.
Now if you had stats on villain and they were playing tight passive preflop on the SB with a low check raise postflop tendency, you could find a fold.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the call was not really bad, but expect to lose more than half the time. Open trips is often beat by full houses when the other guy gets Uber aggressive. The flush draw is offer useless in a paired board.

There are few more gratifying moments than stacking someone who thinks he has the nuts, but is drawing nearly dead.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the Grammer. Auto word changes from my phone ruin my posts pretty often.

Full Flush Poker