$5 NLHE 6-max: TPTK on wet board

T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 38/12/1

I'm still not sure I'm playing these correctly. Any advice would be appreciated.

WPN, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5.16 (103.2 bb)
BB: $6.41 (128.2 bb)
Hero (UTG): $5.07 (101.4 bb)
MP: $9.54 (190.8 bb)
CO: $8.91 (178.2 bb)
BTN: $5.42 (108.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A Q
Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) A K 9 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.78) T (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.56, BB calls $0.56

River: ($1.90) 2 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean it looks fine to me. You're getting a good two streets of value out of weaker Aces that don't include A9/AT on the flop and turn. Could be getting stationed down by some Kx brodway type hands.

Betting on the river entirely depends on how bad the other player is. If you have history of them calling super light then yeah you could probably get three streets out of them, but for the most part pot control in position seems OK in this spot.

Flush is on the turn and more potential two pair type hands AT/KT/T9 etc. So if we feel that villain is capable of check raising on the river even more reason to check back.

Looks good overall to me.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Looks good overall to me. "
+1

T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you both. I felt like I was getting close to playing it correctly, but I'm still very new to hand reading. He had a KTo for the two pair.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Facing a check-call line on this super cordinated board, i probably shut down on the turn. Diamond draw came in, a broadway came in, and now most of his suited-broadway type hands (such as KT and QT) have now picked up a draw and a pair at least.

I check back the turn, river is an easy check imo. What non 2-pair hands can call you? You really don't have much fold equity against a str8/ flush, 2 pair can get sticky here vs your line.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Facing a check-call line on this super cordinated board, i probably shut down on the turn. Diamond draw came in, a broadway came in, and now most of his suited-broadway type hands (such as KT and QT) have now picked up a draw and a pair at least.

I check back the turn, river is an easy check imo. What non 2-pair hands can call you? You really don't have much fold equity against a str8/ flush, 2 pair can get sticky here vs your line.
He is fish, so we can use exploiting fish line imo.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"He is fish, so we can use exploiting fish line imo." I guess it wasn't that clear a sentence :D, but..

a) Villain calls way too much this is demonstrated by high vpip, low pfr, low AF, he calls so much that TPAK is still in his range as are some weaker pairs, and all draws guts+ any FD picked also in the turn. Also, typically this kind of player thinks that opponent is always bluffing here with draw, further increasing his willingness to call. Thus if he calls we mostly bet for value, not by much but enough. Imo obviously. I think turn sizing is a bit too large, but understanding the principle is more important than nitpicking.

b) Given he has low aggression, if he raises he raises only with made strong hand. Thus if we get raised or face lead on the river we just simply fold, and so this hand comes very easy to play.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting 2 good streets of value with 1 pair on that board is fine. Well played!

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see flaws in how you play this hand, played as I would play.