H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 312.2 BB (VPIP: 33.18, PFR: 22.27,AF: 3.45, 3Bet Preflop: 7.59, Hands: 426)
Hero (SB): 118.8 BB

BB: 103 BB (VPIP: 18.52, PFR: 13.76, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, hands: 193)
UTG: 133.2 BB (VPIP: 26.91, PFR: 17.87, 3Bet Preflop: 6.21, Hands: 506)
MP: 100.4 BB (VPIP: 23.23, PFR: 19.87, 3Bet Preflop: 8.77, Hands: 305)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 13.24, PFR: 9.93, 3Bet Preflop: 3.64, Hands: 279)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T A

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, BTN calls 9 BB

Flop: (25 BB, 2 players) J 8 A
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (25 BB, 2 players) 3
Hero checks, BTN bets 18.2 BB, Hero calls 18.2 BB

River: (61.4 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN bets 50 BB, Hero??

I would call here because BTN is so aggro and he can flat my 3bet with any kinda trash and his play just doesn't make sense.
but at the same time i block a large part of his missed draws so i'm not so sure.

any advice?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like checking both flop and turn
As played I think you will have to call the river bet as you under-rep your hand. I think villain could have T9s, QTs, AQo, 33, and weaker aces you may beat.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like checking both flop and turn
As played I think you will have to call the river bet as you under-rep your hand. I think villain could have T9s, QTs, AQo, 33, and weaker aces you may beat.

ok but i think checking the flop is ok as i hold bottom of my range and i don't think i can just valuetown this kind of player. he would try to steal the pot whenever he can.
i had some read on him, that he was tricky and after he checked back i was so surprised, i couldn't believe it so i just continued... maybe i should've taken more time to think at turn.
but my thought was that if i bet i can't really call a raise as there are so many hands that beat me like 2pairs or even AK. he also might raise a draw and i'm not that far ahead.
so let's say you bet turn as a delayed cbet and get raised, do you fold?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though you under repped I would fold to that sizing. He should bet flop already if he is a type of guy who likes draws, I don't think he would go to that sizing with A9o-, or QQ+ Jx. So you beat only pure bluff , I would call if my notes say this might be a call not solely using the stats you provided.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what hands do you expect to be losing to here? only hand he could have is trapped JJ 88 which are highly unlikely, jj should also 4bet pre some time btn vs sb, the only hand we should be worried about is 33, but giving that our hand looks too much like kk qq and tens, he should be attacking this weakness of yours quite a lot, i would bluff with tons of hands that dont block kings and queen in this spot giving that thats what you have most of the time, ur not at the bottom of ur range either with a10 i mean ur 3betting it pre for value as sb vs btn so hitting top pair certianly isnt bottom of ur range as u said, his sizing sucks for us yeah but u gotta call i mean if ur folding top pair here, what hand are you playing this way that you are gonna call this line on the river? what do you check twice here and play it like this that you can call down? i mean i imagine ur betting ur sets or AK AQ AJ at some point and wont be checking twice to induce since u dont know the opponent that well either, so this should just be a standard call.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what hands do you expect to be losing to here? only hand he could have is trapped JJ 88 which are highly unlikely, jj should also 4bet pre some time btn vs sb, the only hand we should be worried about is 33, but giving that our hand looks too much like kk qq and tens, he should be attacking this weakness of yours quite a lot, i would bluff with tons of hands that dont block kings and queen in this spot giving that thats what you have most of the time, ur not at the bottom of ur range either with a10 i mean ur 3betting it pre for value as sb vs btn so hitting top pair certianly isnt bottom of ur range as u said, his sizing sucks for us yeah but u gotta call i mean if ur folding top pair here, what hand are you playing this way that you are gonna call this line on the river? what do you check twice here and play it like this that you can call down? i mean i imagine ur betting ur sets or AK AQ AJ at some point and wont be checking twice to induce since u dont know the opponent that well either, so this should just be a standard call.

that's exactly what i was thinking.
he just knows i dont have a set or AJ+ cause i would cbet for sure and when i bet AT its almost impossible to get action from worse hands.
my only doupt was that i block many missed draws and that could be a reason to fold. also i knew he was not a total fish so his fishy play was very suspicious and could easy be for value.
but i just couldnt figure out what he had so i called and he really had eights..... never suspected this lol

and yea obviously AT is not bottom of my range, i wanted to say its the weakest Ace i have in this spot.

Last edited:
H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should bet flop already if he is a type of guy who likes draws

i didnt have any notes on him and i dont use that many stats on my hud but i did recognize he was already messing with me and stealing pots before. maybe i got too paranoid but i did asume this player could raise me with air too.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call.
You've checked to protect your checking range - trying to induce villain.
So you get exactly what you want here.
No obvious draws come in, so a good run out for top pair here.
This is NL5 players can have all sorts of garbage here.
You can't fold top pair for 2 streets of value when no draws come in, even in a 3 bet pot

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He semi-bluffed the turn and bluffed the river since that was a blank ór he has you beat with a better kicker or a set. Question is, what could he have semi-bluffed you with? I don't see many combinations. It appears as a valuebet on the river, but it would be a very hard laydown.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting spot. Which I'm unsure of as well. I think it really depends on the player
On a side note I like leading turn when x ing flop

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting spot. Which I'm unsure of as well. I think it really depends on the player
On a side note I like leading turn when x ing flop

I agree. Checking both seems to give villain 2 free cards for free, with not much to gain.

The question is, :What is Villain's range? She raised on the button and then just called the 3-bet. Villain likely raises 1/2 her hands but calls less than 1/2 of them, including all of her suited aces and 1/2 of the unsuited ones. But there are lots of other pairs too, which hero is beating. I think Hero has to call, but a crying call

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His hand looks very polarized so either a set or something like top two pair or a total bluff.

Preflop
Like the 3 bet and the sizing of the three bet

Flop
I would def bet the flop you have a huge range advantage. Villain did not 4 bet so villain is not likely to have AA or AK in that position. Not betting the flop puts you in a difficult position as you are OOP.

Turn
Would bet here although trapping could make some sense but top pair weak kicker is not a hand to trap with. You check call.

River
You under wrapped your hand and your hand looks like a weak A. You check and villain makes a sizable bet. Ouch is villain capable of making such river bluffs? If you think yes then you should make the call here otherwise it is a fold as most people don't bluff at rivers that much.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last days i worked on my postflop play and now i am much more confident in such spots.
guess now i would lead turn about half pot and continue river same size and even fold to a reraise.
also i would 3bet this player even bigger like 5x so we would be comitted anyway..

thanks for the input!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call everything missed from skimming this thread. You underrepped hand on flop and turn, 3-bet was pretty bad since AT 3 bet folds out weaker ace and maybe ten and only keeps bigger ace in the pot. Based off player read he is bad LAG that like to apply pressure. Ask sureself what is he repping? maybe AJo and AQo but less likely than not. I'd call seeing air 80% and AJ + 20% time. I barely read thread FYI.

Use boomplayer or link a replayer next time difficult to read hand quickly.