$5 NLHE 6-max: Top set on monotone board facing raise

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a "short stack" table- max buy-in is 50bb.

V is 42/24 AF3 over 60 hands- he's only 3bet once which gives him a value of "6" fwiw.

What do you do turn? if we call, its getting in on the turn if no diamond comes... so do we just shove now?

At the same time, with a 40+ VPIP this guy has a ton of flushes here- suited 2 gappers and the whole lot. At most I can give V 15c value hands (top pair + fd, 2 pair or better) here, but any way you count it he's got 22c+ flopped flushes.:eek:

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 49.2 BB
Hero (CO): 50 BB
BTN: 77 BB
SB: 47.6 BB
BB: 43.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K K

fold, Hero raises to 2.8 BB, BTN calls 2.8 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) 6 4 K
Hero bets 3.4 BB, BTN raises to 17.2 BB, Hero ...? :confused:

:bike:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am shoving all in there.

Yes, you will occasionally be against a flopped flush, but you will also see hands like AdX and even Kx with no diamond that thinks they are raising for protection. Even in the worst case scenario vs a made flush, you are 2:1 against making a boat or quads by the river.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I´m shoving here too. He could have a set of 44, 66 or a flush draw that I would make expensive.
I don't think he raises a finished flush, and even if you do have the outs for a full or quads.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I probably never fold top set, even on monotone board. My experience is that it isn't too often situation that opponent catch the flush on the flop. Even opponent has a suited connector cards I agree with guys that we will have many outs on the turn to full house and quads. Sometimes in this situation opponent can raise that flop with top pair and good kicker to flush draw. I read once article about poker strategy that we hit flush on the flop with suited connector one time on 10 situation. This situation isn't happens too often. GL :)

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push! V got flash on flop only 2% of times.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy shove here if the villain has a flush good for him but neither calling or folding would be a good move

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy jam especially against someone, who is a bit of a maniac. Sure he can have more suited hands than a tight player, and some of those flopped a flush. But he can have so many other hands as well including one diamond draws, a worse set, two pair or even just top pair. You are never drawing dead here, so just get it in and roll the dice. Its a high variance spot, but this is what a bankroll is for :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that push is the most profitable here. we are only beaten by a 64 to 36 flush, against the sets below we are big favorites, a 70 to 30 flush draw, I think this is enough.